Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 00:22:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  2009.2 Browsers long pauses at "waiting for" before loading websites
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009.2 Browsers long pauses at "waiting for" before loading websites  (Read 1991 times)
yeow

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:43:37 AM »

Especially for this forum site, both firefox & opera pause very long at the "waiting for worldforum..." stage before page starts to load. Rebooted now to Windows 7 firefox no long pause problem for this site & others.

Is not all sites but a few (especially this forum). The same problem when I tried Pardus 2009.1. No problems with Pardus 2008 & Windows 7 browsers. I think it is some network setting for Pardus 2009.
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 11:31:37 AM »

Especially for this forum site, both firefox & opera pause very long at the "waiting for worldforum..."

I can`t confirm it with Opera, FF, Google Chrome and other Browser.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 12:16:55 PM »

I can`t confirm it with Opera, FF, Google Chrome and other Browser.
Also no problems over here
yeow

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 14:08:16 PM »

Thanks Andreas & atolboo.

I do not know why Pardus 2009.2 & 2009.1 has this problem for me. Not just this site, a few others as well. Also affects PiSi downloads of packages (sometimes).

Wonder if it is related to my location (Singapore, in South-East Asia)

I have tried replacing built-in DNS Nameserver entries in Pardus 2009, with my ISP's DNS IPs & my router/gateway IP (192.168.0.1). But same problem.

I'm now trying latest out Linux Mint, and no problems with browsers' long pausing & SMPlayer (other thread). Will decide whether to go back to Pardus 2008 or 2009 later, as I have done image-backups with Clonezilla.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 17:00:48 PM »

Wonder if it is related to my location (Singapore, in South-East Asia)
I'm now trying latest out Linux Mint, and no problems with browsers' ......
This is a complete mystery for me.
Another suggestion is to try the Pardus Live-CD/USB version.
(Look here how to make the Live-USB version)
yeow

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 08:01:10 AM »

Thanks atolboo,

But as this is not the only (recurring) problem on my setup with 2009 versions, think I'll stick with Linux Mint for now & try again when Pardus 2010 comes out.

One of the reasons why I stuck with Pardus 2007 & 2008 for soooo long was that they just worked the way I wanted, things laid out the way I wanted. Only major thing I had to do was to enable amd's cool n quiet, which was relatively simple iirc.

Smiley
dvd

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 17:40:04 PM »

try change network manager with wicd
yeow

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 21:27:29 PM »

thanks for the link, dvd Smiley. will try wicd next time if future pardus version has same problem.
phineas
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2010, 17:32:56 PM »

Although the problem may be not having wicd running, I find that with some distros I have to type "about:config" in the address box of Firefox and then change "network.dns.disableIpv6" to "true".

My routers are not Ipv6 capable and things slow down on some distros. In Fedora it is particularly a factor.
John A
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2010, 19:22:11 PM »

I have read that linksys/ciscos routers is best for Linux:

http://www.linux-magazine.com/Online/News/Linksys-Linux-Based-WRT160NL-Router
http://www.linksysbycisco.com/UK/en/products/WRT54GL

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: