Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 22:59:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus 2009.2 Final
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2009.2 Final  (Read 3837 times)
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 15:45:11 PM »

Thank you for the suggestion Andreas, and you are very kind and generous, kalwisti to offer to send my a disk of Pardus!!!  I appreciate it very much, but I will decline.

Hi, Lisa,

That's OK; let me know if you change your mind and I'll send you one. (The last time I checked, the US Postal Service was still delivering mail from TX to AR).  Smiley I burned the .iso to a TDK DVD-R and ran the Media Check / Package Check option on it. The disc passed but I haven't yet tried installing it to the hard drive of my spare PC (the Frankencomputer). I think it would be quicker to do a clean install on that machine rather than a massive online update from 2009.1 to 2009.2.

=david  
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 18:14:50 PM by kalwisti » Logged

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
msullivan
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 16:52:39 PM »

Mercurio,

If hardware detection is the problem,  check BIOS settings to see if ACPI is enabled or disabled.  If it is enabled,  set it to disabled.  I have had similar problems and setting ACPI to disabled solved the problem.  If ACPI is enabled,  the BIOS sends information to the operating system to start up.  However,  sometimes the BIOS information is not exact.  To force the operating system to autodetect the settings more accurately,  ACPI should be off in the BIOS.  Good luck.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: