Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:41:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  X-insanity on ASUS Pundit P1-PH1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: X-insanity on ASUS Pundit P1-PH1  (Read 1873 times)
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« on: June 09, 2010, 03:00:08 AM »

I've been trying to get Pardus up and running on an ASUS Pundit P1-PH1 with Intel P4 3GHz processor and Radeon graphics, and the X configuration has been driving me nuts. The worst is it's inconsistent.

The relevant lines from lspci -v are:
Code:
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS400 [Radeon Xpress 200] (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
Subsystem: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. Device 81c8
Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 17
Memory at d0000000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
I/O ports at ee00 [size=256]
Memory at fddf0000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
[virtual] Expansion ROM at fdd00000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <access denied>
The monitor is a 1680x1050 ASUS LCD.

The first problem's not a Pardus one: No matter what I try I can't get anything out of the DVI output.

When I installed the 2009.2 Beta, things were OK (but slow, glxgears gave 1-200 fps) until I tried installing and enabling the fglrx driver, at which point I lost X altogether. After a number of unsuccessful attempts to fix it, I reinstalled with the final release and then the "fun" started.

The first few attempts X remained resolutely unavailable.
Eventually I was able to get X started but only 1024x768 resolution (stretched to fill the screen).
I tried telling it the capability of the monitor, and desired resolution, but it remained 1024x768 in "system settings".
Tried specifying alternative drivers (ati, radeon, radeonhd) with no success.
Returned to default (F4 - probe again on the boot screen) and respecified the monitor & resolution.
This time it came up with 1400x1050, not stretched but with big black bands at each side (and vertically displaced) [I have attached the current xorg.conf renamed as xorg.txt].

Has anybody else had any success with this piece of junk, or is it only fit to throw off a high cliff (no tall buildings round here).

James

* xorg.txt (0.83 KB - downloaded 115 times.)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2010, 16:44:50 PM »

.......... or is it only fit to throw off a high cliff (no tall buildings round here).
My opinion is that this calls for a Bugreport @ http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/ Wink
I did already a search with "Ati rs400" with 0 bugs found ( I think that's the translation of Zarro Boogs)
John A
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2010, 17:00:36 PM »

Are it some drivers who is missing?
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33850699
http://www.drivers.mrjuan.com/driver-6606-pundit-p1-ph1.html
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 17:03:19 PM by John A » Logged
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2010, 18:52:54 PM »

.......... or is it only fit to throw off a high cliff (no tall buildings round here).
My opinion is that this calls for a Bugreport @ http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/ Wink
I did already a search with "Ati rs400" with 0 bugs found ( I think that's the translation of Zarro Boogs)

My concern there is whether trying the flgrx (hope I got that right) driver has screwed the "card" -- it was giving the right resolution before, and further checking says that the current version is only for r500 and above.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: