Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 11:03:31 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  [solved] Custom installing Pardus 2009.2 on eeePC
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved] Custom installing Pardus 2009.2 on eeePC  (Read 1055 times)
Giovenale

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2010, 15:11:26 PM »

Hi to all, this is my first message! And congratulations to Pardus' developers, because with Geronticus eremita the distro has recovered better stability and pleasant to use. Smiley

I've a question from my friend, who has choosed Pardus for an eeePC with two SSD respectively of 4 and 16 GB.
He wanted install it (from DVD) on the first SSD using the second as /home, but he was not able to do it because the default installation, including a lot of software, requires more disk space.
Is it possible perform a custom installation, with only the strictly needed software, to keep the space used under the 4 GB?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 23:23:41 PM by Michiel » Logged
Andreas
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 15:24:23 PM »

Is it possible perform a custom installation, with only the strictly needed software, to keep the space used under the 4 GB?

Hello Giovenale and welcome,  Smiley

you can try it with Pardus Burn   Wink

I don`t know if it works now, because I tried it for some month without result.

Greetings
Andreas
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 19:14:39 PM »

4 Gb is the minimal required disk space for Pardus, so it should be possible to install it. Perform a manual partitionning instead of the automatic one.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Giovenale

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2010, 08:50:44 AM »

Thank you very much. Smiley
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 23:23:51 PM by Michiel » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: