Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:44:43 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hello From Colorful Colorado
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello From Colorful Colorado  (Read 1831 times)
BellaPup
« on: June 24, 2010, 19:53:21 PM »

Hello All,

Another Xandros refugee, like a few others here. I was turned on by some really positive reviews of Pardus and it kinda drew me in unlike others, can't explain it but here I am. I am not a software hands on person (moderate maybe) and do not want to spend my time trying to figure this stuff out, it needs to just work for the most part. I ultimately want to settle on just ONE distro.. I am torn between Pardus and Ubuntu and am sick of trying distro after distro - oh what to do  Roll Eyes
  The one thing I like about Pardus is that all the codec’s and dvd playback is installed out of the box- very nice! I am having some progress learning KDE 4x compared to 3.5, there is allot there  Shocked and even compared to Gnome. Perhaps I can get Gnome on Pardus, that may work.

I mainly use Mac (10.6) and some Windoze 7 for video but want to keep a hand in the Linux jar as well, use Linux in my electronic shop at home.

But any how, thanks to all the developers for a nice complete distro!! And this looks like a really diverse and pleasant forum!

Thanks!
Hunter

P.S. What happened to Andreas? Saw many post from him, just wondering is all.
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 22:05:10 PM »

Welcome BellaPup !

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
BellaPup
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 15:34:42 PM »

Thank you PhiX  Smiley
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2010, 21:39:46 PM »

A late welcome, but a BIG welcome, BellaPup.  Seeing your avatar reminds me of why I missed your post - too busy with the latest puppy dumped near our place, which I am currently training and trying to find a good home for.
It's good to see someone else from the middle section of the US.  Cheesy

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying Pardus. 

Regards, Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 22:01:29 PM »

I did miss this post Shocked but anyway   and  .
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 22:26:08 PM by atolboo » Logged
BellaPup
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 05:05:31 AM »

and a Big Thank You atolboo and Lisa.

Kind of you Lisa to take in the pup. Bella the avatar sure keeps me and my wife happy Smiley Smiley, no cats yet except Pardus Cheesy

Well, I'm sure I'll be posting some questions soon, I have some already. So, until then.. a good night to all and to all a good night.
Craig
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2011, 13:55:21 PM »

P.S. What happened to Andreas? Saw many post from him, just wondering is all.

He's using Pinguy OS but still promoting Pardus.
http://forum.pinguyos.com/Thread-pardus-linux--387
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: