Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 15:26:32 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  How does Konqueror compare to other web browsers?
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How does Konqueror compare to other web browsers?  (Read 1919 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 17:16:54 PM »

I never watch youtubes, because I use dial up, but on this occasion, I have to see.  We have six cats, though my husband would correct me and say, "They're yours"  Roll Eyes  They love the catnip that is in the yard that easily reseeds itself here.  Checking the CPU usage with System Monitor, while using Konqueror, it says 10 to 11%, jumping lower now and then as I guess due to the slow transfer rate. 

This post answered another question I've had on my mind - how to empty the tmp folder.    Mine only had 233 KiB,, but it's nice to know how to clean it out.

Hmmm, it stopped downloading, saying I needed Flashplayer 10.  If I had to guess, it probably sensed the slow rate of transfer and figured I had a lousy decrepit version of Flash. 
Lisa Marie
Edited to add:  It's downloading now, after trying it again.  Looks like I have 40 minutes to go.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 17:45:29 PM by Lisa » Logged
JoanRC
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 19:14:21 PM »

The only thing I know for sure at this point is that I have to clean out my /tmp directory by hand every 3-4 reboots or my cpu usage climbs. I watch a lot of Youtube videos.
Have a look in this topic Wink

Thanks, Atolboo!

Hmmm, it stopped downloading, saying I needed Flashplayer 10.  If I had to guess, it probably sensed the slow rate of transfer and figured I had a lousy decrepit version of Flash. 
Lisa Marie
Edited to add:  It's downloading now, after trying it again.  Looks like I have 40 minutes to go.  Cheesy

I'm sorry, Lisa, I forgot you said you're on dialup. Yes, a slow transfer rate can cause the transfer to stop. If you have a download manager such as Kget or the one built in to Opera or the plugin for Firefox, you should be able to simply resume without having to start over, although occasionally you'll end up with a corrupted file. You may need to install flash 10 plugin if you don't already have it. I've used the download manager and bit torrent in Opera for many years and couldn't advise you on other programmes.

If you have VLC or internet TV programmes such as Miro or Realplayer, they would also play the flash files, provided you have up to date codecs, such as k-lite codec, installed.

Youtube does have a lot of tutorials for Linux and Linux applications.

I also found some Wikpedia pages of interest to this thread, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_managers , and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_web_browsers , as well as separate pages on various browsers. I should have looked there first!

Remember: only you can prevent forum fires!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: