Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:13:26 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Changing theme - need help (Solved)
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Changing theme - need help (Solved)  (Read 850 times)
John
blackpig
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2010, 18:15:44 PM »

I've changed the theme but still get for instance dolphin come up in brown, how do I change this please?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 11:45:18 AM by John » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 20:40:33 PM »

How did you change the theme?

Someone else should know a better answer, but the easiest way for me to change the theme, and this includes the colour for Dolphin file manager, is to open a terminal and enter:
kaptan
 and go through the menus until you get to, Customize Your Desktop,  and choose the theme you would like to change to there.  I think the default is Chrome.  Edited to add: It's North, not Chrome.
Lisa Marie
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 20:53:16 PM by Lisa » Logged
John
blackpig
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 22:15:27 PM »

I went into systems settings advanced - it's in there.
Surely there is a simpler way than going into terminal
JoanRC
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 23:29:53 PM »

Hello John,

I use the same method you did. Just to clarify, did you go into settings advanced or settings general? In settings general, you can change colour schemes, styles, and icon sets.  In advanced, you have limited options that seem to affect only the taskbar and widget styles, not the colour schemes of KDE applications. My Dolphin has the system colours that I chose in settings general.

Remember: only you can prevent forum fires!
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 00:12:41 AM »

Surely there is a simpler way than going into terminal
Alt+F2 and enter:
Code:
kaptan
John
blackpig
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:44:34 AM »

Hello John,

I use the same method you did. Just to clarify, did you go into settings advanced or settings general? In settings general, you can change colour schemes, styles, and icon sets.  In advanced, you have limited options that seem to affect only the taskbar and widget styles, not the colour schemes of KDE applications. My Dolphin has the system colours that I chose in settings general.

I went into advanced- didn't realise it was in general as well , many thanks- sorted. Wink
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 21:01:10 PM »

John, glad you got it sorted!

I always forget where one can change the themes besides using the welcome wizard, kaptan.   Now I know.
Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: