1. While installing it says 2009.2 instead of 2011 though the initial splash screen said 2011, anything wrong here?
It's only an Alpha version and as this is only cosmetic, I wouldn't pay much attention to this issue.
3. Machine froze after installation so had to force reboot.
I didn't have this problem yet and can you reproduce this behavior?
As I want to test your "2. Like..." issue, I will do some more fresh installations and maybe get the same problem.
4. Machine froze and was unresponsive when fonts were changed using system settings, looks more like a KDE issue.
Where in System Settings did you do this? I didn't find it yet.
(in P2009 I use System Settings > Appearance > Fonts)
Edit: Found in System Settings > Application Appearance > Fonts
And it's working OKE for me.
5. Didn't see kaptan walkthrough after installation.
The same and it's an Alpha version.
7. pisi doesn't work even when i try to update repo.
Did you try
sudo pisi up -y
sudo pisi it ddrescue -y
Total size of package(s): 54.00 KB
Downloading 1 / 1
Package ddrescue found in repository pardus
ddrescue-1.13-7-1.pisi (54.0 KB)100% 110.88 KB/s [00:00:00] [complete]
Installing 1 / 1
Installing ddrescue, version 1.13, release 7, build 1
Extracting the files of ddrescue
Configuring ddrescue package
Forgot to mention about firefox - doesn't work when launched, ........