Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 22:59:30 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  SOLVED bzip2 update causing Iron browser to stop working
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SOLVED bzip2 update causing Iron browser to stop working  (Read 802 times)
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 10, 2010, 21:02:04 PM »

A couple of weeks ago I used the package manager to install some updates, one of which required an updated version of bzip2 to be installed at the same time. I soon noticed that Iron browser was not working. I used history manager to go back and Iron worked as before. Today I tried to install some different updates, including one (comar) which is listed as critical. Yet again I was required to update bzip2, and yet again it killed Iron. Has anyone else found the same problem? I really like the Iron browser, but am feeling a bit restricted when it comes to updates.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 16:52:43 PM by csaenemy » Logged
SW
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 01:02:29 AM »

Actually I installed iron now just because of Your message.
After a fresh install of iron actually it is working without problems.

Please try a reinstall:   sudo pisi install --reinstall iron

Please note that iron is not is the official Pardus Reposority. It is located in the community repo of PardusUser.de
(just in case if You are thinking of an bug report so You canĀ“t blame the Pardus developer because they are not responsible)
 Wink

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 11:43:39 AM »

....Has anyone else found the same problem? I really like the Iron browser, but am feeling a bit restricted when it comes to updates.
I don't have any problem with Iron.
My installed bzip2 is:
LC_ALL=C pisi info bzip2
Installed package:
Name                : bzip2, version: 1.0.6, release: 11, build 5
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 16:50:49 PM »

Thanks for your help,

I tried to reinstall Iron and discovered that I'd somehow deleted the pardususer.de repository at some point in the past. Having now readded the repo and reinstalled the browser all is fine  Grin
SW
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 22:45:29 PM »

all is fine

good to hear  Grin
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: