Live and Installation images of Pardus 2011 Beta release for 64-bit and
32-bit architectures are ready. For a smooth installation experience, please verify the checksum of
the ISO files after you have downloaded, use quality DVD's and burn them in low speeds.
In this release:
* If we mention about the important feature of Beta release, first noticeable
one is YALI with renewed interface, LVM/RAID support and disc partitioning
* The boot splash of Pardus has completely renewed. 2011 release offers
richer theme support and more capable animations by using Plymouth technology,
* Pardus 2011 Beta release, coming with latest release of KDE desktop
environment, KDE 4.5.2. With this release the backbone of desktop environment Plasma, the file manager
(Dolphin) and desktop effects has become more stable and faster with a lot of
* Firefox gets new stable release rapidly. 4.0b8pre release presents many new
features like the new interface of the browser as well as tab grouping, bookmarks
between computers, passwords and history matching, a new add-on interface.
HTML5, CSS3 and WebM technology supports are also most important features for the developers,
* The alternative web browsers such as Chromium and Rekonq are ready for the
users which prefer the alternative internet browsers other than Firefox,
* The applications which are frequently used by desktop users such as Amarok
(multimedia player), Skanlite (browser interface), KTorrent (torrent
interface), SMPlayer (video player) is installed in Beta version,
* Those who use office applications extensively, can try LibreOffice, OpenOffice's
continuation project, with improvements like Turkish spell checking, add-ons
and compatibility which are prepared by Pardus developers,
* As well as the some innovations and effects on The Package Manager interfaces,
more fast package updates and installation can be performed with the
improvements in Pisi infrastructure. Package scoring and screenshot features
which are the users' ambitions expected for 2011, now supported. Screenshot
from the web interface and voting will be done soon,
* System Settings configures Wacom tablet, Touchpad and Bluetooth devices no
longer. 2.6.36-rc7 version of Linux kernel provides support for the users who
have new computer with current hardware,
Known problems for this release:
* Shrink partition option YALI has some bugs.
* YALI sometimes does not set system time correctly.
* LibreOffice start in second run.
Keep in mind that this is a beta release and because of the fast development process, you will
get massive number of package updates as more bugs are fixed.
We'll be pleased to hear about bug reports and enhancement requests
through product of 'Pardus 2011' in bugs.pardus.org.tr address.
Pardus-announce mailing listPardusfirstname.lastname@example.org://liste.pardus.org.tr/mailman/listinfo/pardus-announce