Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:58:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Pardus in the Linux Journal Readers' Choice Awards 2010
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus in the Linux Journal Readers' Choice Awards 2010  (Read 717 times)
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2010, 20:38:50 PM »

Hello, everyone,

Linux Journal conducts an annual poll of users and asks them to vote in various categories (Best Distro, Best Office Suite, Best Web Browser, etc.). More than 12,000 people participated this year and the results have been tallied. Pardus was mentioned twice:

Best Linux Distribution
5th Place: Pardus

(1. Ubuntu ; 2. PCLinuxOS ; 3. Debian ; 4. Fedora)

Product of the Year
5th Place: Pardus

(1. Android ; 2. KDE ; 3. Fluendo DVD Player ; 4. zabbix)

That's a very respectable showing, in my opinion, and I congratulate the Pardus development team and everyone else who helps with the project.

Complete results are available here:

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/readers-choice-awards-2010

(I was also pleased to see that PCLinuxOS did well, as I'm a longtime PCLOS user. We are fortunate that Linux just keeps getting better and gives us so many excellent choices).

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: