Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 06:26:09 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Unable to use custom layout while installing 2011
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unable to use custom layout while installing 2011  (Read 965 times)
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2010, 00:35:10 AM »

When i select custom layout for installing Pardus into a specific partition the installer crashes and after that i'm unable to do anything. Tried restarting the installer but failed at the same step again. Finally I had to give up.

Is there a workaround?
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 05:03:07 AM »

Not too great experience with the iso  Sad. Did validate the iso before installing -

After the initial splash screen, screen just went blank. Had to reboot few times and surprisingly behavior was random for every reboot.

As mentioned in my earlier thread, custom layout didn't work, so had to delete one partition and let it remain as free space. Subsequently went ahead with use free space option, went until 50% or so and the screen went completely blank, couldn't figure any way to go back to the screen where the install was still going on. So another reboot.

Around 3rd or 4th time installation completed and on grub installation threw another error. When i rebooted again to check if i can boot using another OS bootloader there was nothing installed at all.

Overall quite a flaky experince, considering this is a beta, so it should be matured to some extent and the entry point installer itself was a big letdown.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 10:05:17 AM »

Have a look in Bug 14992 - Create Custom Layout partition ends with Unhandled exception occured.
And this one points to Bug 14746.
So we have to wait for Pardus 2011 Beta 2 or one of the nightly builds in order to test the Comment 13 solution.
Murali
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 12:42:57 PM »

ok thanks, if it;s a known issue and a fix is in progress i'll wait and try beta2

thanks.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: