Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:52:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  [solved] trash icon doesn't change when deleting trash 2011 beta 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [solved] trash icon doesn't change when deleting trash 2011 beta 2  (Read 2174 times)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2010, 22:53:57 PM »

Before writing a bug report, I wondered if any one else had this problem with trash can icon in Folder View as well as when starting Konqueror Be Free main page.  Both trash icons always show full, even when I empty the trash.  It's a minor problem, but thought I would mention it.  It's as if the action doesn't know to switch from /usr/share/icons/oxygen/48x48/status/user-trash-full.png to /usr/share/icons/oxygen/48x48/places/user-trash.png.  It also happens with milky icons.  
Also, when I log into KDE desktop, the icon in panel for "Most Recent Device" is lower than it should be in the panel.  Only until I click on an application or the launcher does it straighten up and is fine until I log out.
Just curious?
Lisa Marie
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:37:46 AM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »

I don't have this trashcan behavior in P1011Beta  Wink
But after applying all the updates of 19-12-2010 I too have the same issue.  Embarrassed
And therefore I created Bug 15725 - Trash bin icon doesn't correctly show the empty/full status

..... the icon in panel for "Most Recent Device" is lower than it should be in the panel.
Are you talking about the picture below  Huh?

* device_notifier_widget.png (60.14 KB, 266x333 - viewed 140 times.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 21:45:51 PM by atolboo » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 20:00:50 PM »

Yes, if memory serves me well, (and usually it does not  Cheesy ), I recall the trash icon in folder view and Konqueror would show the correct status ;upon initial installation of  2011 Beta for 64bit.  But for past month or so, it does not.  A workaround is to delete the folder view trash icon and in panel, Add Widget>Trashcan and drag it to Folder View.  This widget does show correct status if full or empty.  I've left it as is, though, to see if and when this is solved, though not a big deal.

The device icon I am talking about is included in Plasma widget>System Tray.  It is the icon used for hot pluggable devices.  I've included a picture of system tray widget.  When I first log in, the device notifier icon is half lower than it should be, i.e, I can only see the top half of this icon.  Alignment is corrected when I hover mouse over it or click on launcher or home folder or trash icon in folder view on desktop.  I believe this acted normally when I first installed 2011.
The problem also occurs if I log in with desktop effects disabled. 
Lisa Marie

* snapshot6.png (7.01 KB, 160x27 - viewed 135 times.)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 17:37:02 PM by Lisa » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2010, 21:47:12 PM »

The device icon I am talking about is included in Plasma widget>System Tray.
I have updated my attachment Wink
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 18:05:04 PM »

The device icon is now acting normally after I logged out of KDE and in virtual console did:
rm -r ~/.kde/share/config/plasma-desktoprc
Logged back in, and all is well. 

Trash icon in Desktop Folder is still showing status as full. 
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 19:30:37 PM »

Trash icon in Desktop Folder is still showing status as full. 
See also Comment 3 of  Bug 15725.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2010, 01:52:56 AM »

Hi atolboo and all!

Yes, when I view Dolphin>places, the small trash icon does change there.

As an experiment I added a new user to see if its trash icon had problems and logged in to that account.  It did not.  So, this morning I backed up all packages on a flash drive so I could later re-insert them to /var/cache/pisi/packages folder, and re-installed Pardus 2011 Beta.  Upon initial login,  trash icon in Folder View/Desktop Folder showed empty, and I tested by saving a small document and 'Move to Trash'.  It showed correct status of being full and correct status of being empty after emptying it.  Then I installed all updates today (about 363 packages) and tested trash icon in Desktop Folder again and it is working fine. 

I think what might have caused the problem is that I had run Dolphin file manager as root, or because I had saved pisi packages that have root ownership on my flash drive and some of the packages on flash drive I did: 'Move to Trash' as user and later emptied trash as user.   I'm not sure.  Anyway, it is working as it should as of today after being fully up to date.
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2010, 12:19:45 PM »

I think what might have caused the problem is that I had run Dolphin file manager as root, or because I had saved pisi packages that have root ownership on my flash drive and some of the packages on flash drive I did: 'Move to Trash' as user and later emptied trash as user.   I'm not sure.  Anyway, it is working as it should as of today after being fully up to date.
Lisa Marie
I didn't do any of the ^^^ above actions, just a fresh new installation as can also be read in my Comment 4 of Bug 15725.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2010, 20:24:08 PM »

Since I wasn't able to debug this, I will continue to test trash icon to see if this occurs in the future.
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2010, 21:15:22 PM »

I can repeat this behavior of the Trash icon in the Desktop Folder again with Pardus-2011-Nightly-x86_64-[20101226] 
And contents of Trash can be viewed in console with:
Code:
ls -l ~/.local/share/Trash/files
and
Code:
ls -l ~/.local/share/Trash/info
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: