Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:23:04 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  How to activate the built-in thesaurus in Pardus OpenOffice.org Writer
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How to activate the built-in thesaurus in Pardus OpenOffice.org Writer  (Read 937 times)
Farakh

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2010, 19:05:30 PM »

Hi,

I have finally settled on Pardus after trying out various Linux flavors. I am enjoying it thoroughly and don't miss Windows at all except for two things.

The first is that I don't know how to install software that has been developed for Linux but it does not use the PiSi package system. For example, I have downloaded a medical program called 'OpenRep' and have tried to install it by following the instructions included, but to no avail.

The second and more urgent problem is that I do a lot of writing work and I therefore frequently need to consult a thesaurus. MS Word, which I used to use in Windows, has a built-in thesaurus so there was no problem. I now use OpenOffice.org Writer and it is supposed to have a built-in thesaurus but I can't seem to activate it in Pardus as the associated button in Tools>Options>Language Settings>Writing Aids>Hunspell Spellchecker>Thesaurus is disabled. I have searched on Google for hours and the nearest solution I have found is that I am supposed to install a "libmythes" module or application. I have absolutely no idea where to get it from and how to install it as I don't know any Linux shell commands, etc. (Just a dumb GUI-hooked ex-Windows-user Smiley

I will welcome any help in this regard.  Smiley

Thank you,

Jamil
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 19:22:04 PM »

you can download spellcheckers from here...

Farakh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 22:36:15 PM »

Excellent!! Thank you very, very much Gölge. You saved my day! Smiley I can now access the thesaurus by going to Tools>Language>Thesaurus. Great!

I am sure I seem greedy but is there any way I can access it by right-clicking on a word? Smiley
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 23:30:26 PM »

Excellent!! Thank you very, very much Gölge. You saved my day! Smiley I can now access the thesaurus by going to Tools>Language>Thesaurus. Great!

I am sure I seem greedy but is there any way I can access it by right-clicking on a word? Smiley

you can use f7 key to see offers after selecting any word. i guess there is no right click access...

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: