Pardus 2011 RC: Hasankeyf is now available
Installation images can be downloaded from:http://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/ISO/Installation/2011/RC/http://ftp2.pardus.org.tr/pub/ISO/Installation/2011/RC/
and Live images can be downloaded from:http://ftp.pardus.org.tr/pub/ISO/Live/2011/RC/http://ftp2.pardus.org.tr/pub/ISO/Live/2011/RC/
We strongly recommend you to verify the integrity of the installation
image with md5sum or sha1sum, to use good quality blank media, to burn
the images in 4X burning speed for a painless installation experience.
* Better hardware support with latest Linux kernel: 2.6.37-rc8,
* Users that have AMD and Nvidia graphics cards are now able to make selection
between open source and vendor supported proprietary drivers during and after
* Hungarian and Russian language support is added,
* The network configuration utility called 'network' is ported to the new
NetworkManager backend by one of our internship students Doruk Altan. So you
will be able to configure your wired and wireless networks through the
* Lots of bugfixes are included in installation (YALI) and configuration
(manager family) applications of Pardus,
* New binary packages are included in Pardus 2011 package repository.
Known issues for this release are:
* Firefox is always displayed in English independent from the system locale,
* Adding 'nomodeset' kernel parameter may be needed to prevent boot problems
in some machines.
The reason that we decide to name the Release Candidate after Hasankeyf, is to
draw attention to the menace to this historical village caused by Ilısu Dam.
Hasankeyf is an ancient part of Mesopotamia, one of the oldest settling
areas of the human history.
Happy new year.
Pardus-devel mailing listPardusemail@example.com://liste.pardus.org.tr/mailman/listinfo/pardus-devel