Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:51:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus 2011 RC questions.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2011 RC questions.  (Read 3425 times)
John A
« on: January 02, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »

I have just installed Pardus 2011 RC. But I wonder of some things.

1:
In Pardus 2009.2 are the Pisi/program handler icon down at the list in the right side beside the speaker symbol (I think you could choose that option in the Kaptan process the first time during installation), so its easy to find and use it.

Why is it not so in this new version? You must look for Pisi in the other programs.

2:
Are the option with "contrib" for extra software gone to or they included all programs in one?

3:
I can not find some common programs in pisi that I normaly use. Like aMSN and Cheese. Will they be avaible in the final version?

In the old version I could go in the system settings and change so I dont need a username and password to use the computer. But where do you go to do that now? System settings are changed to 2011 rc.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:59:18 AM by John A » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 12:57:55 PM »

1:
In Pardus 2009.2 are the Pisi/program handler icon down at the list in the right side beside the speaker symbol (I think you could choose that option in the Kaptan process the first time during installation), so its easy to find and use it.

Why is it not so in this new version? You must look for Pisi in the other programs.
Maybe Package Manager > Settings > Configure Package Manager... > General settings > mark at Enable system tray icon does the trick Huh?

2:
Are the option with "contrib" for extra software gone to or they included all programs in one?

3:
I can not find some common programs in pisi that I normaly use. Like aMSN and Cheese. Will they be avaible in the final version?
Maybe they are very busy working on creating and filling this one, and will it be available with the final relaese Huh?
Wait and see what happens.

In the old version I could go in the system settings and change so I dont need a username and password to use the computer. But where do you go to do that now? System settings are changed to 2011 rc.
Have a  Shocked  in System Settings > Login Screen > Convenience ......... Grin
John A
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 14:17:52 PM »

Thanks for the help. Smiley
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 16:41:06 PM »

Yes, that is advice I have been using for packages that aren't yet in 2011 test versions usually found in contrib.  If only I was smart enough to contribute to contrib.   Undecided  I was a bit impatient and manually compiled/installed browser Opera beta 11 to try it out, a third-party package that is fairly easy to install in Pardus.

As for last question, I have noticed that some applications and items in Kmenu aren't in the menu itself, but I find them if I do a search for them in kmenu using the search feature.  Same is true when I go to System Settings and use the search field in KDE control centre.
Lisa Marie
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 16:56:27 PM »

If only I was smart enough to contribute to contrib. 
As far as I know the contrib repo is made and maintained under responsability of  the Scientific & Technological Research Council of Turkey.
And therefore you can not participate (as a private person) in this repo.
The only one you can participate in (as far as I know), is http://www.pardususer.de/ > Software.
And if you don't understand the German language, it's no problem as they will also answer in English too.
John A
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 22:48:44 PM »

It looks like this in the old 2009 version. There you can put the pisi icon down at the list and add contrib to. Much easier if you do it in Kaptan the first time:
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/images/2/21/Pardus2009ENinstall24.png

So I wonder why its not so in 2011?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 23:26:24 PM »

So I wonder why its not so in 2011?
This is the RC version.... let's wait and find out what will be in the final version Wink
And as long as there is no contrib repo, the entry can't be included in kaptan.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 09:34:35 AM by atolboo » Logged
John A
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2011, 19:26:08 PM »

I have write some bug reports about pisi and contrib. And they have answer me in bugzilla about it

"1:

Why is it not so in this new version? You must look for Pisi in the other programs."

This will be fixed to the final version.

And for the second question:

"2:
Are the option with "contrib" for extra software gone to or they included all programs in one?"

It will not be any contrib at all. All software/programs will be included in one repo.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 20:50:09 PM »

Thanks for the info
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2011, 08:51:46 AM »

In Bug 16023 - Missing warning "Logout is needed" in WLAN configuration manager of P2011RC
you can read (and  Shocked in pictures) my remarks and method about creating a WLAN connection.
trixon
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2011, 20:50:12 PM »

In Bug 16023 - Missing warning "Logout is needed" in WLAN configuration manager of P2011RC
you can read (and  Shocked in pictures) my remarks and method about creating a WLAN connection.

Do you have any news here, whats the status on the nightly build?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2011, 20:55:21 PM »

I didn't have time yet to test the nightly build  Embarrassed
I do only have 2 arms and there are only 24 hours in a day. Grin
And sometimes I have to eat and to sleep some time and solve some other (computer) problems.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 20:57:24 PM by atolboo » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 14:26:42 PM »

Do you have any news here, whats the status on the nightly build?
In Pardus-2011-Nightly-i686-[20110111] it's still the same and thus not the way I expect it from Pardus.
By the way: It's not a blocking error, it's more a desired improvement Grin
trixon
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 20:13:57 PM »

Thanks, that is good to know.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: