Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:53:26 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Posting Images
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Posting Images  (Read 766 times)
John
blackpig
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 04, 2011, 23:21:18 PM »

I know this sounds daft but how do I post an image from my computor?

I've tried looking in SMF Bulletin Board Code and still can't see how to do it!  Embarrassed
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:53:27 AM »

When you hit the reply button (or post a new message) there is a link beneath the textfield called "additional Options" here one can attach certain file formats to the message.

However this is highly UNrecommended because when users post lots of attachments it takes up quite some space on the server where the forum is hosted.

The most preferable way to include images in a posting is to upload them elsewhere (e.g. flickr, Picasa or your own domain), and then include the image file in your post by copy and pasting the URL of your image between two code tags, like this:

Code:
[img]http://www.youdomain.com/yourimage.jpg[/img]

Note that unlike in HTML the tags are in straight brackets [ and ] and not in < and >

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: