Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 20:30:18 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  Official English forum
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official English forum  (Read 1292 times)
John A
« on: January 11, 2011, 20:04:14 PM »

I have good help here and I am glad this forum exist. But I would like to see some kind of "official" English forum to.
And its one here:
http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/forum/english/

But if you want to make a acount there you must write in Turkish?  I think it would not be so difficult to change it a bit so it be in English for that function.
And maybe a English link to it in the frontpage to:
http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/

It would benefit the Pardus community in general and maybe attract more people to it around the world also. Smiley
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 21:00:01 PM »

The best thing to try would be to put in a wishlist bug (I'm pretty sure I've seen a section for the forums in the bugzilla navigation).
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 21:37:32 PM »

New user Bekir has just been registered and offers to build some bridges here  Smiley

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
John A
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 22:38:36 PM »

That sounds good. Smiley
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 22:41:25 PM »

I am following the future developments with great interests...  Wink
And I hope for the best.
And there first two topics are 100% Turkish, and that's a language I can't read. Undecided
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 23:32:49 PM »

By exception to clear up I meant Bekir is joining us here in the Pardus Worldforum to bridge some gaps to the turkish one:

"I am a Turkish Pardus user who speaks English as well. I am a member of the Turkish forums http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/forum
I think I might help translating some news from Ozgurlukicin, answer some questions in English which have already been answered in the Turkish forums.

So I would like to become a member of your forums.
Unfortunately, the only way for me to reach your forums is using www.ktunnel.com (due to some idiotic blockings)
I will be happy if I could help people who can not speak my native language (Turkish) as well.

Regards,
Bekir Senalp"

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
SW
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2011, 00:35:12 AM »

@Bekir

Wow, that are really wonderfull news from You. Translated informations of turkish language by google are really hard to understand. Unfortunately non turkish speakers live on another Pardus planet which is far far away.   Shocked

Your help is really appreciated and I´am looking forward to some interesting news.
Would be great If somebody could join You to give us something to eat   :-)

Thanks again, dude  Wink
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2011, 12:16:41 PM »

@Bekir
 You are

And I hope
I will be happy if I could help people who can not speak my native language (Turkish) as well.
will help to make the language barrier a little smaller between Turkey <-> Rest of the world.
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 13:30:21 PM »

Thank you all for your warm welcome.
Pardus (GNU/Linux to be true) is a kind of a hobby for me. I am not a technical guy, but an amateur enthusiast.
Hope to "...make the language barrier a little smaller between Turkey <-> Rest of the world."  Grin
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 15:37:25 PM »

I am not a technical guy, but an amateur enthusiast.
I am also not a software engineer, my experience is only in hardware.
Some more additional information can be found HERE=German and HERE=google_translate(<< this produces some funny translations)
And now I am enjoying  my retirement from Lucent.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 20:14:39 PM by atolboo » Logged
kalwisti
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 20:59:20 PM »

Merhaba, Bekir,

,Cok memnun oldum. (I've now written 50% of the Turkish words I know!) It's nice to have you here in the English User Forum; we will be grateful for any tidbits of translated news / updates you can provide, as Turkish is somewhat difficult for non-Turks to learn. I too have tried using Google Translate to translate brief items from the Pardus website and (Turkish-language) forum, and as SW points out, the results sound like something from another planet -- maybe Martian?

If you are bringing in Turkish food with you, I would like to request one of my favorite dishes: zeytinyagli fasulye. Yum ...  Smiley

I hope you will feel welcome here. It's not a large User Forum but there is no shortage of friendly, helpful people.

=david

Registered Linux User # 442201

Pardus 2011.2 (KDE 4.6.5, kernel 2.6.37.6)

AMD Athlon II X2 240 (Regor) 2.8 GHz, 4 GB RAM, Seagate Barracuda 320 GB HD, Nvidia GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 integrated GPU, Samsung SH-S222L DVD-RW
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 21:16:41 PM »

Merhaba, Bekir,
,Cok memnun oldum...
Hello David,
Nice to meet you too..
When I saw your message I thought you were a Turk (until I saw your name!)

We have lots of famous food, but you have chosen a less-famous one Smiley 
Olive oiled beans is some kind of side dish/snack in Turkey. We call it "Pilaki", which is served cold (I guess you have mentioned this one, right?).

Thank you for your kind message. People are friendly and helpful here for sure. Time to time I used to visit but decided to register at last. A tiny piece of assistance/help I would give to anyone would make me happy. Hope I find time to visit often (since I work full day, and have a 5 year old son to deal with when I am home Smiley )
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: