Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:16:23 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  3G key E1550 (E620) partially works
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 3G key E1550 (E620) partially works  (Read 1959 times)
Sandro
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2011, 00:23:49 AM »

(sorry for my English) My Internet key Huawei E1550 (Vendor:Product before zerocd, usbmodeswitch is 12d1:1446, upon is 12d1:1001 and is acknowledge as E620) works in my Linux Pardus 2009.2 not very well.

I have set correctly Kppp (I'm an old Mandriva user) and if i try connect at boot it don't work. I must replug the Internet key and then it works fine. At boot time when Pardus tell me "populating /dev" i have a error about sr1 (CD rom of E1150). If Huawei is not plugged in i have none error at boot.

So the first work around is replugged the Internet key at boot.

(if i reboot the pc when internet works the key works fine) (when i replugged the /dev/ttyUSBx change and i must change the setting of Kppp)

The second work around is a software reset like this:

Code:
/* usbreset -- send a USB port reset to a USB device */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <errno.h>
#include <sys/ioctl.h>

#include <linux/usbdevice_fs.h>

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{
const char *filename;
int fd;
int rc;

if (argc != 2) {
fprintf(stderr, "Usage: usbreset device-filename (ex: /dev/bus/usb/$Bus/$Device, watch lsusb)\n");
return 1;
}
filename = argv[1];

fd = open(filename, O_WRONLY);
if (fd < 0) {
perror("Error opening output file");
return 1;
}

printf("Resetting USB device %s\n", filename);
rc = ioctl(fd, USBDEVFS_RESET, 0);
if (rc < 0) {
perror("Error in ioctl");
return 1;
}
printf("Reset successful\n");

close(fd);
return 0;
}
http://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=121459435621262&w=2 Alan Stern

compile the source code included (cc usbreset.c -o usbreset) (TY Alan Stern)
See lsusb and remember Bus number and Device number for huawei modem device.
execute the command usbreset (ex: usbreset /dev/bus/usb/002/003)
check the new device with dmesg (dmesg|grep "GSM modem") i select the last ttyUSBx with "1.0" port
set kppp with the ttyUSBx finded and start internet.

I have make  a bash script that make this and is execute before KDE at start up. It works fine.

My internet key works fine with mandriva 2010 spring at boot, don't works with Pardus, i must replug or software reset. Have you any suggestion? Are there other with the same problem?

Tanks in advance.
John A
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:09:33 AM »

I guess you could file a bug report about it here:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/

A guide here:
http://en.pardus-wiki.org/How:Efficient_Bug_Reporting
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 08:09:09 AM »

This wiki page (http://tr.pardus-wiki.org/NASIL:KPPP_ile_GPRS_veya_3G_internet_ba%C4%9Flant%C4%B1s%C4%B1_kurmak) is about kppp and 3g modem settings, unfortunately only in Turkish. Maybe the step-by-step screenshots may lead you to solve the problem. Also the Turkish mobile provider Turkcell uses Huawei brand 3G modems, you should check "Turkcell" part of the mentioned page.

It is also a known bug that some usb devices are not recognized if the computer is started when they are plugged in. Some users from the Ozgurlukicin.com forums said if they did "lsusb", the device was recognized. Some said it did not help and they had to reboot. I believe there are bug reports in Turkish, but you are free to report.

By the way, did you try your device with Pardus 2011? Maybe the problem is already solved?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 08:25:34 AM by dedebekri » Logged
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 13:36:02 PM »

....... unfortunately only in Turkish.
Thanks for the link and http://translate.google.com/# can also help
I can't test this as I don't have a 3G receiver.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 14:58:22 PM »

By the way, did you try your device with Pardus 2011? Maybe the problem is already solved?
Just    in the brand-new Release notes of Pardus 2011:
Users are now able to set up their HSPA/CDMA/VPN networks together with the already supported Ethernet and 802.11 WLAN networks.
And the deadline (for translation) is January 20th, 12:00 (GMT+2).
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 15:00:31 PM by atolboo » Logged
Sandro
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 16:27:43 PM »

This wiki page (http://tr.pardus-wiki.org/NASIL:KPPP_ile_GPRS_veya_3G_internet_ba%C4%9Flant%C4%B1s%C4%B1_kurmak) is about kppp and 3g modem settings, unfortunately only in Turkish. Maybe the step-by-step screenshots may lead you to solve the problem. Also the Turkish mobile provider Turkcell uses Huawei brand 3G modems, you should check "Turkcell" part of the mentioned page.

TY for the reply. I have not problem with Kppp setup i have problem with the device and its acknowledgment at boot time.  I don't know if the matter is kppp or is other pardus element, i don't know if the problem is my device E1550/E620 and the driver or the kernel.

It is also a known bug that some usb devices are not recognized if the computer is started when they are plugged in. Some users from the Ozgurlukicin.com forums said if they did "lsusb", the device was recognized. Some said it did not help and they had to reboot. I believe there are bug reports in Turkish, but you are free to report.

Really? it is a useful info for me. TY Smiley

No, I'm a lazy user and i change my Linux distro rarely. Now my system works very well and the internet key problem is fixed with a bash script that make a software reset at boot. So now my linux box is complete and works fine. Maybe next summer or year i change my beautiful pardus 2009.1.
Sandro
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 16:33:06 PM »

Users are now able to set up their HSPA/CDMA/VPN networks together with the already supported Ethernet and 802.11 WLAN networks.
And the deadline (for translation) is January 20th, 12:00 (GMT+2).

I will try. But i have not a setup problem but i suppose a driver/kernel/hardware problem.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 17:01:39 PM »

..... my beautiful pardus 2009.1.
Mine is Pardus 2009.2

* current-OS.png (24.85 KB, 479x101 - viewed 122 times.)
Sandro
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 19:21:15 PM »

..... my beautiful pardus 2009.1.
Mine is Pardus 2009.2
Yes, yes, i have mistake, i have Pardus 2009.2, upgraded.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: