Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 23:53:51 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Live CD
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Live CD  (Read 830 times)
Mahmood
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »

Guys, i want to try Pardus 2011 from Live CD version first. My question is, can i later on install from the same version, or I have to download the installation version for installation???
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 08:30:14 AM »

...... can i later on install from the same version......
No.

......or I have to download the installation version for installation???
Yes.
Mahmood
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 13:23:38 PM »

I think for future releases, it is very important if the live and installation images can be merged. most of the distros are offering this way and it is really convenient.
John A
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 14:47:57 PM »

I prefeer a pure install cd/DVD if I want to install Pardus. If I install for example PCLinuxOS 2010.12 in a PC from the live cd its a long process.
And I am not sure if a beginner that only have used Windows would know how to do it.
After all a empty cd or DVD its not so expensive anyway. And you can choose from the download page what you want:
http://www.pardus.org.tr/eng/download/

But if they could combine all in one DVD and keep the installation process simple even for a beginner so why not.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 14:51:05 PM by John A » Logged
PhiX
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 18:25:21 PM »

I think for future releases, it is very important if the live and installation images can be merged. most of the distros are offering this way and it is really convenient.

Someone is working on this.

Team Pardus-fr - French Pardus tools translator
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: