Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 16:34:55 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  First impressions about Pardus 2011
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: First impressions about Pardus 2011  (Read 877 times)
speedyx

I love KDE!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 22, 2011, 06:06:43 AM »

I waited Pardus 2011 for a long time. I love the updated repository, that include Firefox, KDE, LibreOffice, even the Kernel at the latest official stable release. This is a great decision!
I installed in a partition of my Sony Vaio F12Z.
At the grub I went to the Hardware Info, but at the exit I did't returned at the grub.
Wow, I like Yali, one of the best installer I ever seen. I love its look&feel!
Only some minus in Yali: italian translation uncompleted; I wanted to read the Release Notes during the Disc Verifing and the procedure stopped until I closed the RN window.
I think it isn't so immediate to understand how to set the auto-login for the first and only user.
KDE is very well integrated, even Pisi! To use Firefox 4b9 so well integrated with the rest is a great thing. Why the Pardus Worldforum is not in the bookmarks?
The work about LibreOffice is the best I ever seen! I'm an obsessed distro hopper between Sabayon (Gentoo), Chakra, Fedora, Mint, Kubuntu and other, but here LibreOffice is at the final stage with an excellent support for internationalization. Good Job guys!
Using Pisi I feel the lack of some useful KDE addon like quickaccess and knemo, and application like basket and some others.
But Pardus is the best distribution for anyone! Even if you are a beginner or an experienced user Pardus can be for you! Wow.

Here the complete italian article
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 07:33:10 AM by speedyx » Logged

The Freedom Technologies Are Available!
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »

Only some minus in Yali: italian translation uncompleted;
The reason for this can be seen >here< and >here<.
It's all done by volunteers and anybody can help to improve these results!!!!!!!!
speedyx

I love KDE!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2011, 14:26:17 PM »

Yes, of course!!

The Freedom Technologies Are Available!
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2011, 17:22:55 PM »

spectecularrrrrrrrrrrrrr  Smiley

csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 00:21:59 AM »

Disappointing to be honest, but it's early days yet.
I look forward to the repos growing as they seem very sparse at the moment, I couldn't even find a graphical unrar program such as Xarchiver or equivalent.
I'm hoping that nVidia will soon release a driver that works better with the new kernel, wobbly windows are not very wobbly.
Installing turned out to be less than straightforward; see http://worldforum.pardus-linux.nl/index.php?topic=3582.0
LibreOffice doesn't seem to work properly for me either.
I still have Pardus 2009.2 on another partition and it seems much smoother by comparison, but as I said before, it's early days yet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: