Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 02:55:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Licq missing in 2011
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Licq missing in 2011  (Read 1317 times)
John A
« on: January 22, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

I just noticed that Licq (ICQ fork) is missing in version 2011. It was in the repo for 2009, 2009.1 and 2009.2:
http://licq.org/

Will it be avaible for 2011 later? Its the best option if you not using the orginal ICQ. Smiley
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2011, 14:36:26 PM »

The developers said almost all of the packages (except the ones which are too old, or incompatible with the new system, etc.) in the 2009 repos will be transferred to 2011 repo soon. 

Also there has been discussions among developers whether to add a contrib-like repo for unsupported/tested packages. I don't know what they have decided yet.
John A
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 05:39:58 AM »

I filled in a bug report about this issue for some time ago:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=16371

Licq have been in the Pardus repo even since 2008.1 when I first started to use it.
Its not so good if to many applications missing in 2011 version.

Thats the reason I am not yet ready to move over full time to Pardus 2011.
So maybe I just have to wait for 2011.1 Embarrassed
a.palius
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 21:05:17 PM »

If you want, try my licq packages.
John A
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 21:34:46 PM »

Thank you. But my point was that a program package who already was avaible in Pardus 2009 and earlier versions (Pardus 2008) to should automatic be transfered to the new 2011 version. Smiley

I can understand why for example Gyache Improved taking long time because  it have never been in the Pardus repo before.

Its not a request for a new program who have not been in Pardus before:
http://packages.pardus.org.tr/contrib/source/licq.html

So I dont realy  understand why it take so long time? And this answer in the bug report was not so good:
"Unfortunately none of the developers are interested in this package Sad"

Is it only the developers who decide what packages will be in the repo or not? In my opinion you must have some kind of priority/quality order what programs should be there. And if you using ICQ Licq is just the best replacement for the real ICQ.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 21:54:23 PM by John A » Logged
John A
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 17:18:36 PM »

It seems that this will be delayed if read in the bug report:
Bug # 16371
I suppose they are just to few developers for all applications. I hope Pardus will employ more people.

Now things are little to slow (like merge all applications from 2009.2 to version 2011) for them to compete for real with the "top then" in the Distrowatch list.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 17:21:02 PM by John A » Logged
John A
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:03:37 AM »

Licq will hit the stabile repository soon.

With aMSN (MSN Live Messenger)
Gyache Improved (Yahoo Messenger)
And soon Licq (ICQ) you cover the most popular chat tools around the world.

Most user have Pardus 2011.1 at home so thoose things are important if you use the PC as a "social" instrument.
You got some universal ones like Pidgin to of course. But they often lack some important features. Webcam compatible, photosharing etc..

So good work Pardus developers. Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: