Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 06:45:32 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Pardus on a Macbook Pro
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus on a Macbook Pro  (Read 2168 times)
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« on: January 23, 2011, 14:22:01 PM »

Hi ..

Pardus rocks on my macbook pro, only got two questions.
There is software called pommed http://www.technologeek.org/projects/pommed/index.html
this handles the hotkeys on a macbook. Any idea how it get this for Pardus?

Also the backlight for my screen needs nvidia-bl (if using the nvidia drivers from nvidia)
But i cannot find nvidia-bl in the pardus repos.
Where can i find it?
trixon
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 14:28:03 PM »

Do you run Pardus 2011?
Im running 2011 on my MBP version 6,2 mid 2010.
Screen backlight works out of the box for me and I just got the keyboard backlight to work the way I want it to.

In order to get the wifi to work I had to
Code:
modprobe wl

Just the iRemote and some other things to do.
richdb
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 15:14:15 PM »

Yep .. i run Pardus 2011
But i got a MBP version 7,1, mid 2010

I also tried Ubuntu on it .. and they got a extra MB repo ..
So everything works, but not the keyboard light and backlight.

And for the backlight i know there must be a nvidia-bl module, and
the keyboard under Ubuntu use pommed
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »

Blog (in dutch) of someone who put 64-bit Pardus 2011.1 in his MacBook Pro with only three minor issues plus solutions (use Google Translate for other languages)

http://opensourcefrog.blogspot.com/2011/07/hoe-geef-je-een-macbook-pro-zijn-pardus.html

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 19:11:01 PM »

Did you folks use rEFit to install Pardus?  I've been wanting to try installing Linux on the couple year old iMac I have.  Sad to say, I found out the expensive way I don't like Apple operating system, even though it is somewhat akin to Linux.  I have been reluctant as I wasn't sure if I could reinstall os x Tiger back on it.  I have the original installation discs.  After reading the rEFit Myths and Facts page, I wasn't so sure this was safe to do, just in case I decide I want to finally sell the iMac and have it back with its original operating system.
Lisa Marie
trixon
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 22:17:37 PM »

Did you folks use rEFit to install Pardus?
Yes I did. This time it took a couple of trial 'n horrors, but finally I got the disk layout the way I liked it.
Use Time Machine against an external usb hard drive so you can restore your system in case of somethings goes wrong...
Make sure to run all os x updates first.

Good luck! ...you'll need it. Tongue
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2011, 23:53:57 PM »

Thanks, trixon!  That's what I read - the best way to go by using an external usb stick that way I don't touch the os x Tiger. Time to plan it out, but first, I need to order a usb stick.  They are fairly inexpensive.    I must say, I did get out a Linux live disc and used startup manager utility (restart or boot the Mac, holding the Options key) and choosing the live disc.  It booted up fine from what I could gather though I didn't play with it long.
Lisa Marie
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: