Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2014, 02:16:55 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  How Ya'll doing? from Chillicothe, Ohio
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Ya'll doing? from Chillicothe, Ohio  (Read 2744 times)
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2011, 16:57:12 PM »

And better football (soccer).   Grin
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2011, 17:07:59 PM »

I agree! Their governments give them things like Pardus ......
Not my government Shocked

And (mandatory) health insurance starts at 1068€/1465USD/year/

And better football (soccer).   Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 17:23:06 PM by atolboo » Logged
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2011, 17:44:34 PM »

Lol nice!!! They tried to do mandatory health care but I believe they deemed it un-constitutional
Craig
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2011, 18:18:43 PM »

I agree! Their governments give them things like Pardus ......
Not my government Shocked

And (mandatory) health insurance starts at 1068€/1465USD/year/

That's actually not too bad. You'd pay 2 to 4 times that here depending on whether you have good or crappy insurance and how much your employer contributes if at all. The last time I was able to afford it, it cost me $400 per month, just for me - no wife or kids.

Lol nice!!! They tried to do mandatory health care but I believe they deemed it un-constitutional

True but the cost of health care  is ridiculous here and some kind of health care reform is needed even if only to get the costs down.

If you look at this chart http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_care_compared#Cross-country_comparisons

Britain's annual health care costs are $2,992 per capita and the government pays 81.7% of that or $2,444 per capita

The US costs are $7,290 per capita and the government pays 45.4% or $3,309 per capita. Our government is actually paying more without universal coverage than countries that do have it.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2011, 18:47:36 PM »

More info at Healthcare in the Netherlands Wink
Craig
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 22:21:20 PM »

Aside from the mandatory private insurance, it's not so different from ours. We have earmarked medicare taxes but the benefits only go to the elderly or the extremely poor. Most of "middle America" is left out.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 23:02:08 PM »

Maybe it's different in:
A key feature of the Dutch system is that premiums may not be related to health status or age.
and
Private insurance companies must offer a core universal insurance package for the universal primary curative care, which includes the cost of all prescription medicines. They must do this at a fixed price for all.
and
It is illegal in The Netherlands for insurers to refuse an application for health insurance, to impose special conditions (e.g., exclusions, deductibles, co-payments, or refuse to fund doctor-ordered treatments).
Craig
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 23:42:11 PM »

Maybe it's different in:
A key feature of the Dutch system is that premiums may not be related to health status or age.
and
Private insurance companies must offer a core universal insurance package for the universal primary curative care, which includes the cost of all prescription medicines. They must do this at a fixed price for all.
and
It is illegal in The Netherlands for insurers to refuse an application for health insurance, to impose special conditions (e.g., exclusions, deductibles, co-payments, or refuse to fund doctor-ordered treatments).

Almost Exactly what Obamacare was/is about.
Craig
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 00:23:11 AM »

Sorry to hijack your welcome thread., Christopher. I like your new avatar!

Awesome Anatolian leopard! Smiley
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 01:47:22 AM »

Np m8. I'm quite enjoying it

Anyway, I re-installed the Pardus 2011, only this time the 32bit version, my firefox for windows that works in wine is flawless...just cannot wait until the 64bit version gets wine.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 05:30:29 AM by Christopher » Logged
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 05:32:06 AM »

[/quote]

Its sad, I had blood work drawn a couple of months ago, and it cost me $700, all went towards deductible.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: