Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 22:59:43 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  koffice in 2011?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: koffice in 2011?  (Read 1073 times)
sipiatti

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 13:06:20 PM »

Is it possible that Koffice is not in the official Pardus 2011 repo?
I could not find it.

Why use windows if you have open doors... to linux...
John A
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2011, 15:02:39 PM »

If I remember correct it was avaible in Pardus 2009.2?
So I suppose it will come soon to version 2011 with the pisi updates.
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2011, 23:50:54 PM »

I hope it comes soon, because I cannot make a particular spreadsheet work with LibreOffice. It was created with OpenOffice in Pardus 2009 and I never had any problem with it, but even after I tried to recreate it from scratch with LibreOffice it got to a point when it froze up (when I tried to create a graph). There don't seem to be any alternative office programs available yet.  Sad
John A
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2011, 08:16:20 AM »

I have write a request for some alternative office programs. Be free to fill in there to:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=16565

Often better result if many different person write. Smiley
trixon
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2011, 08:49:34 AM »

Koray Löker said
Pardus 2011 as its predecessors, aims to offer a stable OS for desktop users where any end user may find stable, usable, feature-rich solutions for their all kinds of daily needs.

So, for instance if a media player has been decided to be integrated, the next goal is an education software not yet another media player, cause it’s better in some ways…

There are alternative offerings though as every contributor is free to add a software as far as it qualifies the repo policy.

...and Im not saying that Koffice wont make it to Pardus 2011...
sipiatti

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2011, 10:16:52 AM »

Ooo/Libre Office can't save on remote share so I think it is a huge disadvantage Sad that's why we need a capable office suit until the libre office developers solve it. This problem does not occur in a gnome desktop because gvfs works on a different way. Maybe the KDE developers won't change the KPart functionality for libre office only but we need a solution.
KDE has its own office solution. not as feature rich asLibre Office but not bad at all AND can save on a remote share in KDE.

I think this requirement is common in the year 2011 so at the end Libre Office should fix it. But intil it we need Koffice.

Why use windows if you have open doors... to linux...
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2011, 10:30:17 AM »

and saving locally and then copying back to the remote folder is time consuming......    Huh?

The team at pardus is not as large as some other distros, it can take time to update packages

You could have a go at packaging it yourself, that's the beauty of linux.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:35:30 AM by mpie » Logged
John A
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 12:21:20 PM »

My first request was market as not valid.
So I write a new:
http://bugs.pardus.org.tr/show_bug.cgi?id=16568
I hope its correct this time.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: