Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 00:23:29 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  screensaver unlock?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: screensaver unlock?  (Read 798 times)
jan37
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2011, 16:05:28 PM »

pardus 2011 live 64 bit
I get through Kaptan (using defaults) and just click on the last kaptan "help" when the screen goes gray (3 shades of gray with something like a venn diagram) and in the bottom left corner appear 2 icons--a monitor icon and a gearwheel icon.
In the center of the screen appears a small window with, on the left,
"panter pardus" and just under it appears "pars"
There are 2 buttons on the right side of this window with icons that mean nothing to me

I am only able to get out by restarting.(with ubuntu I just hit the space bar)

I have just restarted Pardus live and this time the gray screen did not appear until I had changed the resolution to 1600x1200.(from 1920x1200 native)

(I am guessing) it looks as though my regular OS (ubuntu10.04) is turning on the screensaver and Pardus requires a password to unlock it. (there is NO password asked for in Kaptan)
(My screen saver in Ubuntu goes black whereas Pardus seems to go gray)

If this is something that only happens with the live cd and does NOT occur with the install cd there is no problem as the live cd has shown me how beautiful this version of Pardus is.
Thanks
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 22:08:13 PM »

Can you reproduce this behavior Huh?

(I am guessing) it looks as though my regular OS (ubuntu10.04) is turning on the screensaver and Pardus requires a password to unlock it. (there is NO password asked for in Kaptan)
I don't think so as the OS on the hard disk is completely disabled when the Live-OS is running.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: