Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 17:03:07 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Unwanted icon
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unwanted icon  (Read 914 times)
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: January 30, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »

When I installed 2011 I removed the desktop folder, as I prefer the look of the desktop without it (this was how I always had 2009.2). Before removing the folder I made the mistake of dragging the home icon outside the folder to the top left hand corner of my desktop, hoping that it would work as a shortcut. I now have a home folder icon that does nothing and that I cannot remove. It is unresponsive to any left or right clicking. I tried restoring the desktop folder thinking that I might be able to drag it back, but it will not be dragged. Any help would be very welcome.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 11:59:36 AM »

Have a look in this >Restoring desktop to original< Wink
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:53:52 PM »

Thanks, Atolboo. I had already looked at this thread and restored the desktop folder successfully, but still cannot remove the unwanted icon Sad
Craig
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 15:23:00 PM »

I can't reproduce this.  If I drag an icon out of the Folder view widget while in desktop activity, it turns into a little plasmoid itself.
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 15:52:36 PM »

I can't reproduce this.  If I drag an icon out of the Folder view widget while in desktop activity, it turns into a little plasmoid itself.

I think it did the same here to begin with, or I would have noticed sooner . I only realised yesterday that the icon was non-responsive in any way.
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 19:35:15 PM »

I can partially solve the problem by using: Pager Settings/Virtual Desktops and checking the "Different widgets for each desktop" option. Five of my six virtual desktops are icon free, but it would be good if it could be all six  Sad
Craig
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 20:46:34 PM »

I can partially solve the problem by using: Pager Settings/Virtual Desktops and checking the "Different widgets for each desktop" option. Five of my six virtual desktops are icon free, but it would be good if it could be all six  Sad

What if you go to another desktop and then reduce the number of desktops to 1. Will the current desktop become desktop 1?
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 20:54:48 PM »

What if you go to another desktop and then reduce the number of desktops to 1. Will the current desktop become desktop 1?

Unfortunately the one remaining desktop is the one I don't want
Craig
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 21:44:27 PM »

Unfortunately the one remaining desktop is the one I don't want

I don't know what else to suggest other than creating a Dolphin link and placing it over the dud icon. A dolphin icon works the same as the home folder icon.

Make sure your desktop is in folder view then find Dolphin in Kickoff or whatever launcher you're using. Don't use the favorites launcher. It won't work. Find the one under "System." Right click on it and select "add to desktop" Place it over the dud icon.

I know it's not a fix but it's cosmetic and functional for the time being.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2011, 11:30:06 AM »

I have modified >Restoring desktop to original< and try if it's now doing a better job. Wink
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2011, 16:50:33 PM »

Thanks Atolboo, but I have just completely reinstalled Pardus 2011. That solved it.  Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: