Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:11:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Hardware
| | |-+  Mobile USB Broadband Modem
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mobile USB Broadband Modem  (Read 1212 times)
Glyn

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2011, 13:57:51 PM »

One of the reasons why I was so keen to try Pardus 2011 was the Gnome Network Manager port.
Previously, the only other distros which would recognize my Sony Ericsson MD300 USB modem were Ubuntu 10.10, Mint 10 and Zorin 4. Sure enough, I was able to see, configure and use my modem with Pardus Smiley

I only use this connection as a backup and have not required it since the install point above which was two weeks ago.  Today I did need it but when I plug the modem in nothing is displayed and the Mobile Broadband tab in Network Management Settings is greyed out.

The modem is working fine in my other PC, hence the ability to make this post.

Any ideas? 
Glyn

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2011, 14:35:26 PM »

Further to my post above I now notice that the first pop-up window for device notifier does correctly identify the modem by name, but then appears a whole bunch of other windows showing "unknown" - if this helps to identify the issue?
dvd

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 01:12:29 AM »

U can try sakis3g

Gnome Network manager in Pardus 2011 is back end not front end. In Debian KDE I just remove knetwork-manager and replace with Gnome-network-manager-applet.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: