Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 23:14:54 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Sound Card
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound Card  (Read 2301 times)
sambox2000

View Profile
« on: January 19, 2007, 20:27:48 PM »

I have two sound cards, one is onboard, the other one is a creative LIve soundcard. Both are recognized and the drivers are installed, but for some reason, it prefers tthe onboard one and whenever I change it on the mixer and hardware profile, it changes it back the next time i boot to the onboard one. Anything I can do?
Jan Gnodde
Global Moderator
Pardus Guru

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 21:38:35 PM »

Can't you switch off the onboard sound in the bios-settings?

Jan.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 07:52:45 AM »

Have you disabled your onboard soundcard via bios? Disable it and run  
Code:
sudo alsaconf
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 23:17:38 PM »

due to my hearing impairment i have a sound blaster sound card. i havent been able to install the sound blaster software and drivers. i dont know what to install with?how can i access the or a sound configuration console so that i may better adjust volume and sound on my pardus.        any help  is very much appreciated.
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 20:34:07 PM »

I have a sound blaster live 5.1 card too and it's working excellent. Alsa driver packages should be installed on your system to get sound and these packages are installed as default. So you don't need to install.

Again: Have you disabled your onboard sound card via bios and run "alsaconf" with root privileges?
Eren.Turkay
Global Moderator
Pardus Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 20:35:12 PM »

Quote from: "DANHO"
due to my hearing impairment i have a sound blaster sound card. i havent been able to install the sound blaster software and drivers. i dont know what to install with?how can i access the or a sound configuration console so that i may better adjust volume and sound on my pardus.        any help  is very much appreciated.

I have a sound blaster live 5.1 card too and it's working excellent. Alsa driver packages should be installed on your system to get sound and these packages are installed as default. So you don't need to install.

Again: Have you disabled your onboard sound card via bios and run "alsaconf" with root privileges?
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 19:24:24 PM »

i have a creative sb[soundblaster] audigy 4 se.    the volume was low. maybe it was just set to medium. i didnt know how to configure or view the sound's  property console. i will certainly follow these steps you stated above and for surely respnd to this topic soon.   as i am in a minor [installation] dilema at the momennt,,,already in PWF circulation.         get bck at ya soon
DANHO
Pardus Master

Pardus SF

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 12:51:00 PM »

i installed all of "alsas" sound packages from tasmas "package manager then ran "alsaconf" in root command, chose my source of sound device from a small list of sound sources and from there it did all the rest of my sound card configeration.      thanks for the tips.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: