Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 12:23:06 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Hi from the uk
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi from the uk  (Read 1235 times)
DavidH

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2011, 00:04:53 AM »

Good day,
Dave from the uk. I hope to eventually become of some use around these
forums. I am new to Pardus and believe this to be the best KDE distro since
I tried Mandriva 2010. I don't wanna flame but PClinuxos doesn't come
near to Pardus for out of box experience. Cracking work, keep it up!
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 00:26:05 AM »

Hi David,
Also from UK. I've been using Pardus for a while now. 2009.2 works better for me, but I am persevering with 2011 as I wait for upgrades and additions to the repos.
I have tried other distros as they've been released, but keep coming back to Pardus.
DavidH

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 19:04:13 PM »

I've used a fair few. Mandriva has been the best distro to keep me hooked on linux and stop me from going back to windows. However I found that I liked ubuntu because there is a lot of development discussion in the community that makes you feel a part of something going forward, that is growing and that you are watching it blossom and mature. But I loved KDE and Gnome I find quite bland looking in comparison. So i went back to mandriva as the only stable decent KDE distro I knew and loved. But unfortunately there is no regular community updates ( for example OMG ubuntu is great to whet your appetite on things to come in ubuntu) for the development side of things. So i read great things in reviews aout Pardus and said hey lets give it a go. And its brilliant, functional like PClinuxOS but a lot sleeker and looks far more integrated with some beautiful tweaks! I just hope that the developers of Pardus will be like Ubuntu with getting the users appetites whetted by releasing tid bits of onfo on what Pardus is doing to push the distro forward. lol my two cents! Hats off to the developers there is great stuff going on in Pardus.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 22:55:43 PM »

from the other side of the North Sea Grin
DavidH

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 01:17:59 AM »

from the other side of the North Sea Grin

Cheers Dutch amigo!
Craig
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 02:25:15 AM »

Welcome David!. I came from Ubuntu and I can tell you that I believe Pardus has the potential to be more popular than Ubuntu. It's powerful yet easy to use as well as rock solid stable with a professional touch. They really go the extra mile.

I do miss the amount of activity in Ubuntu forums but that will come here with time. We just need to spread the word.

There's an OMG ubuntu and an OMG Suse but there doesn't appear to be an OMG Pardus!
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 16:25:45 PM »

Good to have you here, David!  Looking forward to your input here at the Pardus forum ...don't be shy!
Welcome!
Lisa Marie
John A
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 14:25:43 PM »

You get most information about Pardus here:
http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/

But its in Turkish. I hope they will create a English version of it in future.
DavidH

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 17:21:44 PM »

@lisa Cheers for the warm welcome!

You get most information about Pardus here:
http://www.ozgurlukicin.com/

But its in Turkish. I hope they will create a English version of it in future.

I guess google translate would be quite useful for this. But hopefully future wise, they will
have a more permanent english language version!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: