Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 23:54:10 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  PiSi - HOW TO book translation
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PiSi - HOW TO book translation  (Read 854 times)
Vikram

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2011, 08:33:31 AM »

I cam across the superb book on "PISI How To" which has been referred in this forum..I think I read a post dt 23-1-2010 ( a year back!) that an English Translation was on the cards...i searched like mad in the net , but unable to finad any..

Though it is in Turkish (or Dutch , I presume)..I tried to make out something out of the screen shots...If there is any link for English.. pl provide the same..

I even tried copying the para to google translator but couldnt succeed!! :'(

PARDUS seems to be THE BEST IMHO , but it is centred around Europe!
SW
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 00:48:30 AM »

I will start translating the most important things right now to give english speakers a short and dirty overview, because the book is reaaaally big and it´s too much effort for me to translate it word by word.

Because the book is not finished unfortunately the tranlation process didn´t start one Year ago and because the author is now in a new full time job (and due to other privacy reasons) he probably will have not the time to complete it.

Please give me some time! (1-2weeks)  Wink
Vikram

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:10:53 AM »

Thanks a ton SW...That's very nice of you....

or I will start learning German  Wink
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 08:50:56 AM »

Though it is in Turkish (or Dutch , I presume)..
No it's in the german language.
And http://translate.google.com/ is the best help to  it in your own language.
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »

When I have some spare time left I am willing to translate some of the pages from German into English too.

Let's split up the translation job in multiple small pieces to get things on the move....

Just reply here or send me a personal message to sort out who does which part to prevent working on the same pages at the same time

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 16:11:50 PM »

And some examples of buildfiles can be at http://www.pardususer.de/index.php?action=repository&dir=/build-files Wink
These files are made by non-professionals (like you and  me), and are therefore less complicated than the one's made by professionals (I guess Grin).
SW
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 23:08:29 PM »

Thanks for Your offer Michel, but I will not translate the HowTo one by one. In the origin file is too much text to translate everything (imho). I make a very short and precise document with basic information.

I have a suggestion: I make the basic file and You and maybe atolboo can add Your own experience and give some special points more detail information. Also You can change the layout and correct my typo   Grin

Thanks again dude! btw You can understand the german language?Huh??

or I will start learning German
@Vikram: hmmm, If You can do this in the same time I create a HowTo, then You are godlike!  Wink
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 21:01:01 PM »

Thanks again dude! btw You can understand the german language?Huh??

I grew up with die Sendung mit der Maus and Sportschau... kein Problem  Grin

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: