Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 18:24:33 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  pardus 2011 and corporate 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: pardus 2011 and corporate 2  (Read 1898 times)
Mahmood
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2011, 07:49:59 AM »

what is the difference between these two versions?
John A
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 10:04:15 AM »

You can read about Corporate 2 here.
http://www.linuxbsdos.com/2010/12/16/pardus-corporate-2-beta-review/

I think they will release the final version today.
John A
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 13:33:29 PM »

I have just tested the Pardus Corporate 2. It remind me of the old Pardus 2088.
But the programs/applications is up to date of course.
Like LibreOffice and other applications.

It use the older Firefox version 3.6.13
So its a good choice if you got problem with the new Firefox 4 in Pardus 2011

It got Tasma who was removed for Pardus 2009 to (Pardus configuration center):
http://images.linuxidx.com/go.php?q=pardus+tasma
Easy to do all the settings there. I think they should have keep it for the other Pardus version to.
It was one thing that made Pardus known.

So Corporate 2 is a easy and stabile choice if you prefeer the older KDE3 before KDE4.
Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 00:05:09 AM »

I tried Pardus Corp 2 and I didn't like it at all, it was clunky and hard to configure. Maybe I just like KDE 4 better than KDE 3, but I think 2011 is far superior to Corp 2.

John A
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 06:26:26 AM »

I guess it can feel out of date. I think they only did it for some companies in Turkey that maybe will use it.
I look forward to Pardus 2011.1 I guess it will come about same time as Ubuntu 11.04 or not so long after. Smiley
ganief

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 09:14:08 AM »

I find corporate 2 very easy to use, i had used debian lenny kde 3.5,kubuntu trinity kde 3.5.
pardus corporate 2 is excellent. i needed a system that was easy to set up, i will use corporate 2 as long as it exists, i found with kde 4 there is a lot of functions that i dont need , for me with my old hardware
simplicity is the best.
regards.
dedebekri
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:27 AM »

I find corporate 2 very easy to use, i had used debian lenny kde 3.5,kubuntu trinity kde 3.5.
pardus corporate 2 is excellent. i needed a system that was easy to set up, i will use corporate 2 as long as it exists, i found with kde 4 there is a lot of functions that i dont need , for me with my old hardware
simplicity is the best.
regards.
The main reason this edition was made is the "corporates" as seen from the name  Grin
They (developers) intended to make it easier (transition to linux) for corporations. They chose KDE 3.5 for overcoming incompatibility (graphics cards mostly) and overall system performance issues. Also there are special programs for network control and network communications.
By the way, this edition had LTS (long term support)  Wink
owiknowi
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 18:48:42 PM »

in my personal opinion another great benefit is that most bugs in kde 3.5.x are known nowadays.
since i'm using my computer for work -no play- i'm very happy with the choice they offer at pardus.

hope there will remain a non-bloated-gadget-free pardus for a long time for rare species like me.

Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2011, 02:57:56 AM »

I finally installed this version (kurumsal2) today and yes, it does remind me of Pardus 2008 in a way, and the first thing that pops out at me is the clarity of the fonts - very crisp like a Mac computer.  I like the colour the team used for the desktop, a deap bluish green, like the Caspian Sea. 
Well, there is no colourful kidney in the upper right hand corner.  Wink
The icons are nice.  Yes, the Pardus team did a great job on this distro, like 2008 with KDE 3.5.10 but much newer configuration, and it works for my 64 bit processor.  Still trying it out, but so far, I am much impressed!
Lisa Marie
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2011, 17:33:15 PM »

After having Kurumsal 2 for a week, I am liking it more and more.  Yes, I did notice the mention of long term support while during the installation.  This is a good thing!  
I am able to easily remove unnecessary packages as they are not as integrated as they are in KDE4 desktop.  I don't use network manager since it isn't made for dial up, so I removed it.  If I tried to do that in KDE4, it wants to pull major packages with it, like kdebase, etc.  It doesn't have Akonadi.  Hurray!  Another thing I don't need, especially as I use dial up.  
When it boots up and changes from boot splash to desktop, it is an easy transition, whereas, when this occurs in KDE4 2011, there is a black screen flicker prior to the desktop fully loading.  
Fonts and icons are intensely crisp and clear compared to the KDE4 desktop, as I mentioned, like the fonts in a Mac desktop.  
I like the way devices show up on the desktop instead of the notifier in the taskbar.  
Its a pleasure to run and configure for  me.  
Keep up the good work, team Pardus!  Much appreciated that they offer this alternative KDE desktop with long term support!
Regards, Lisa Marie

P.S.  Oh, and you get Konqueror file manager, not Dolphin, which is fine with me.  I always liked Konqueror's main page that shows home folder, storage media, settings, network folders, etc. 

* snapshot11.png (83.61 KB, 640x512 - viewed 81 times.)

* snapshot8.png (103.75 KB, 561x449 - viewed 65 times.)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 18:36:06 PM by Lisa » Logged
parduser99

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2011, 20:54:57 PM »

Hi,
I tried Pardus Corporate 2 for a while..
It is very stable and very light.. And also very up to date..
KDE 3.5 may be good or bad for you, according to your expectation..
If you are a personal user and if you don't have an old computer, you had better to prefer Pardus 2011.
Otherwise, Pardus Corporate 2 might be best for you...

Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2011, 21:16:11 PM »

I don't network with other computers, so I can't compare Pardus 2011 with Kurumsal 2 in that category, but my system is fairly new with a 64 bit processor.  The only thing old here is that I have to use dial up, which I can get to work in either distro version using KPPP. 
I will add, try it, even if you have a new system.  You might be happily surprised.  Smiley
Regards, Lisa Marie
ganief

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2011, 21:33:22 PM »

Hi Lisa Marie,
i upgraded my system to 64bit, but i like kde 3.5 for its simplicity, and especially the Pardus 2011 version,
with its long term support, pardus is stable compared to kde 3.5 trinity, i have not had one crash since installation of Pardus corporate 2, all the programmes i need is available.
A big Thank You to the developers of Pardus 2011 coporate 2.
 Regards.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: