Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 01:06:30 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  Pardus Corporate 2 With KDE 3.5.10
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Poll
Question: Hi all you awesome Pardus users:Is anyone else using Pardus Corporate 2.?
Yes   -4 (50%)
NO   -3 (37.5%)
Not Yet   -1 (12.5%)
Total Voters: 6

Author Topic: Pardus Corporate 2 With KDE 3.5.10  (Read 1296 times)
Leonard
Pardus is Awesomeness Quantified in Byte Form

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2011, 22:07:34 PM »

I installed Pardus Kurumsal (Corporate) 2 on Friday since it came up on Distrowatch and I love it and all works well with the KDE 3.5.10 on this 2003 Gateway E-4000 with P4 2.4 gig computer. Have any of you tried this edition of Pardus? It works excellent on older computers that don't have graphics cards and it is very snappy. Have much fun and enjoy your Pardus computing! Roll Eyes  
Craig
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 22:20:40 PM »

I voted 'no' because I'm using 2011. I have nothing against KDE 3. It's just that I prefer KDE 4.  Smiley

I still don't quite understand why they don't use the same base. That way, one could install the KDE 3 desktop on 2011 or KDE 4 on Corporate 2. They'd also only have to maintain one base and repo.

Is it because 2011 is semi-rolling? Is Corporate 2 meant to be a more stable, fixed release?

Edit:

Leonard,

Welcome! I didn't realize this was your introduction until I saw the category it was in.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 23:27:45 PM by Craig » Logged
TicoLinux
MSN: mauriciorj@live.com
Pardus fellow craft

Aquí yo, ¿allá quién?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 23:26:35 PM »

I use Pardus 2011 ( kde4 ) at office but at my home I use Pardus Kurumsal it's very good, so! point to both options, wherever is Pardus.

Leonard
Pardus is Awesomeness Quantified in Byte Form

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:09:13 AM »

I think they write the packages differently to fit in properly with KDE 3 otherwise it might be buggy like the Kubuntu Trinity Desktop which has kde 3 as well...but is not as stable as Pardus. From what I have been reading the Kurumsal2 will be supported for years in its same form with the packages updated to continue working something along the lines of how Microsoft has kept XP running for all these years but different than say how you would have a hard time getting packages for say Pardus 2007 or updates for it. 2011 will eventually after a period of time need to be upgraded to the next version whereas Kurumsal will be updated without the need for upgrading to the next version for a considerable amount of time. I like KDE 4 too if I had a newer computer but KDE 3 is a better match for those like myself who have and like older computers that don't need all the fancy graphics or don't have a graphics card. I personally like KDE 3 better as I can understand it better having originally learned on it. More power to you Pardus Brother and happy computing.   
Craig
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 04:38:47 AM »

I think they write the packages differently to fit in properly with KDE 3 otherwise it might be buggy like the Kubuntu Trinity Desktop which has kde 3 as well...but is not as stable as Pardus. From what I have been reading the Kurumsal2 will be supported for years in its same form with the packages updated to continue working something along the lines of how Microsoft has kept XP running for all these years but different than say how you would have a hard time getting packages for say Pardus 2007 or updates for it. 2011 will eventually after a period of time need to be upgraded to the next version whereas Kurumsal will be updated without the need for upgrading to the next version for a considerable amount of time. I like KDE 4 too if I had a newer computer but KDE 3 is a better match for those like myself who have and like older computers that don't need all the fancy graphics or don't have a graphics card. I personally like KDE 3 better as I can understand it better having originally learned on it. More power to you Pardus Brother and happy computing.   

Hold on....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: