Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 02:51:56 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  Installing Google Chrome 9
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Installing Google Chrome 9  (Read 1132 times)
DavidK

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2011, 14:02:45 PM »

How would I install Google Chrome 9?

I'm running Pardus 2011 64bit.
James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 21:23:31 PM »

According to the package lists the repositories have:
chromium-browser 9.0.597.94

So all you should need to do is either select it in the package manager and install or at the command line run:
Code:
sudo pisi it chromium-browser
If you've not installed any packages with the package manager before, you may need to go to the updates tab and let it scan the repositories before it will give you a full list of available packages.

P.S. Does anybody else think it's silly that Google have chromium, chrome & chrome OS? An obsession with the number 24 perhaps!
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 22:37:40 PM »

I prefer Chromium as it's the the open-source projects behind the Google Chrome browser and I use it daily together with the Speed Dail extension
Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 05:58:09 AM »

I prefer Chromium as it's the the open-source projects behind the Google Chrome browser and I use it daily together with the Speed Dail extension

Yes, Chromium is by far the better of the two browsers IMO, but I also like Opera and tend to use it as my default browser.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: