Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 00:36:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  smplayer & vdpau
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: smplayer & vdpau  (Read 1450 times)
la_monda

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2011, 20:22:04 PM »

Hallo to all and thumbs up for the great 2011 release!
I was wondering if there's a way to enable vdpau as video output driver in smplayer. I need this in order to reduce cpu scaling when playing hd videos by enabling hardware acceleration of my gpu, and for the cool fonts also!
Thnx in advance
la_monda

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 20:23:59 PM »

And another thing , i noticed Conky was gone from the repos...will they bring it back?
gyan000
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 11:05:49 AM »

I've never been able to use hardware acceleration with the GPU  with smplayer since pardus use vaapi library instead of vdpau. (And I don't think pardus developper can do something about that.)
So, I use directly mplayer with something like that: mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi

---
gyan000 - plus-qu'en-retard
SW
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 23:56:52 PM »

You can use Gnome Mplayer to have hardware acceleration
1.     Gnome Mplayer > settings > player > use vaapi on videooutput
2.     Gnome Mplayer > settings > Mplayer > give additional parameter:  -vo vaapi -va vaapi

After that CPU load will decrease! On my Notebook CPU load shrinks from 40% to 16%  Grin

I was also not able to use vaapi with SMPlayer and I created a bugreport about that.

My preffered Player is VLC and it is also not using hardware acceleration although there is just a small trick to do during building. I also created a bugreport for VLC and vaapi.

Hope to see soon some improvement regarding SMPlayer and VLC

Bye
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 00:15:07 AM by SW » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: