Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 01:08:44 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Kmix super slow after last update [SOLVED]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kmix super slow after last update [SOLVED]  (Read 1325 times)
pastis
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 13:29:01 PM »

Hi guys,

Is there anybody having issues with last update of Pardus 2011? I think its probably kde related issue, but my sound mixer (kmix) isnt working anymore. I mean it has become so slow its unusable (like one or two minutes for every action, and 5 minutes to start... using a lot of cpu I guess). I found similar problem in forums of others disto in the internet but no solution worked for me (reinsalling kmix or deleting kmix folder in /usr/share/kde).

Any idea?
Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 23:04:26 PM by nougah » Logged
pastis
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 14:20:40 PM »

bump

No idea anybody? I had to desinstall kmix because it was using 100cpu usage all the time, and running without working in the background. I search the internet and tried some stuff but it didnt work. I could write bug report but I dont have enough informations, I dont know if its pardus of kde related. By the way my sound is working, Im using pulseaudio volume control to adjust it, but it's not a very confortable solution.

Thank you.
pastis
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 23:13:54 PM »

Ok, I know this look like a monologue but anyway I solved the problem by myself.

So if this happens to anyone, you have to find all the kmix file (alt f2, kfind, then search *kmix*) and delete them. Images doesn't matter (png files) but delete kmix folder and other kmix files (some of them need rood privileges, that you can reach by the context menu root action). I suppose I didn't do it well first time because kmix files are not situated in exactly same place in all distributions. You should do these operations with kmix desinstalled first (or maybe killed its enough). Then you reinstall it, reboot, and it's ok. Apparently this is due to a corrupt profile... I hope no grand ma will ever get this bug, because high cpu make computer unusable.

Cheers!  Wink
SW
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 23:40:43 PM »

Thank You for keeping us up to date!  Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: