Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:03:08 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Wish list
| | |-+  CD/DVD labeling program [Fulfilled]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD/DVD labeling program [Fulfilled]  (Read 1350 times)
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2011, 15:38:34 PM »

I've not been able to find "glabels" or any other labeling program for CD/DVD. Therefore, I am making a wish (eyes closed, of course), as I have a CD with two masses of Josquin des Prez awaiting a label, as a marking pen on such a CD somehow doesn't seem to do justice.

[Sidebar and very low priority: Could the collection of available musician icons for forum member avatars include composers of classical music? I'd be happy to attempt to find some unlicensed ones to contribute if I know where to contribute.]

David
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 00:47:27 AM by DavidD » Logged

"The most tragic pathologies we've experienced in human history result from the catastrophic way we deal with otherness." - D. Gordis
SW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 19:33:19 PM »

You can use Fotowall for CD/DVD covers.

James T
Pardus Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 20:48:53 PM »

Probably depends a bit on whether you are using label sheets or printable disks. But For the former, the tool that I have came with a .tiff template that I could then add designs using gimp, and for the latter again I always just filled in a circle within a square image either with gimp or OpenOffice draw.

P.S. You can upload any image from your machine as an avatar, just use the upload image option in the profile setting.
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 18:36:14 PM »

You can use Fotowall for CD/DVD covers.

Thanks for the suggestion. I installed and took a look. I cannot imagine how it works for CD covers. What I need is something in a template that matches existing templates by Memorex, etc. glabels does that.

"The most tragic pathologies we've experienced in human history result from the catastrophic way we deal with otherness." - D. Gordis
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 18:47:15 PM »

Probably depends a bit on whether you are using label sheets or printable disks. But For the former, the tool that I have came with a .tiff template that I could then add designs using gimp, and for the latter again I always just filled in a circle within a square image either with gimp or OpenOffice draw.

P.S. You can upload any image from your machine as an avatar, just use the upload image option in the profile setting.

I'm using label sheets by Memorex. Glabels has a template that is perfect for it, along with the ability to add text, colors, graphics. Searching for a template online, I found a pdf of the Memorex template at http://www.worldlabel.com/, opened it in LibreOffice Draw, and inserted tables for text. When I printed onto the Memorex label (high quality laser printer), things were off noticeably. The templates didn't match.

I'll keep glabels on my wish list and hope that it appears in the repos someday soon.

Thanks

SW
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2011, 20:20:51 PM »

The templates didn't match.
Try to disable any border or print area limitation.
SW
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2011, 00:15:13 AM »

Now available! Atolboo uploaded the package today. to pardususer depot

Grin
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 00:17:02 AM by SW » Logged
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 00:43:13 AM »

Atolboo,

Made my day! Thanks very much for glabels. gscan2pdf yesterday, glabels today ... now I'm going to have to think really hard to come up with something Pardus lacks. My head hurts already!!  Wink

Wow! What a community. SW, thanks for the note.

David

Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, 11:16:48 AM »

now I'm going to have to think really hard to come up with something Pardus lacks. My head hurts already!!  Wink

Grin Grin Grin

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 11:33:44 AM »

Atolboo,

Made my day! Thanks very much for glabels.
I didn't create the build files for this package as you can in >this pspec.xml<
All credits got to a guy with initials SW 
I only did the testing, uploading and indexing of  2. Additional (non-official) package source.
SW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 13:03:53 PM »

All credits got to a guy with initials SW
I only did the testing, uploading and indexing
^^^It´s more a teamwork!  Wink
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 15:32:06 PM »

SW,

And obviously a spirit of humility pervades this piece of teamwork -- pretty rare, not to mention refreshing!! Thank you for responding to my prior silent frustration by taking on this little project. We'll all benefit from it, and I'm sitting here this Sunday morning rather amazed ... again ... and glad I tried Pardus 2011 a little more than a month ago, where users make a difference.

Noisy, extended applause indeed to you and to Atolboo for all of your contributions. And again, "What a community!"

And, inspiried by atolboo's applause smiley:

David

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: