Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:28:49 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Distro-independent Game Repo
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Distro-independent Game Repo  (Read 671 times)
Craig
« on: March 04, 2011, 12:50:45 PM »

http://en.djl-linux.org/?q=node/17

You Might like this if you're a gamer. You have to install from source... unless someone wants to make a PiSi for it.  Wink
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 14:16:00 PM »

Interesting idea, but surely a nightmare to use , it states it does not deal with dependencies.
So you run the installer the game is downloaded and installed, you then have to find the dependencies to install, if your lucky with your package manager (pisi in pardus) if not you then have to install from source.
Then the precompiled game you downloaded may have been compiled against a different version of the library.
Craig
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 15:04:09 PM »

At first use, and under configuration, it gives you the option to download dependencies if needed. I'm assuming they will also be placed in the distro independent subdirectory to avoid conflicts but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: Now I'm 100% sure the dependencies work that way. There is a folder for them in the .djl subdirectory.

One problem I already see is that all of the games seem to be only for x86.   Sad  

Edit 2: I downloaded Postal 2 x86 and, surprisingly, it works on my 64 bit machine.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 15:42:02 PM by Craig » Logged
mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 22:05:28 PM »

Yeah if its tracking dependancies, it'll install 32bit libs
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: