Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 18:44:49 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Sound Card Line In - No Output
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sound Card Line In - No Output  (Read 1584 times)
BellaPup
« on: March 02, 2011, 16:05:08 PM »

Having an issue with my sound card, I have system sounds and DVD playback all making it to the output but I cannot hear anything that is coming through the analog line in jack. I know it is not hardware related because I can see that there is a signal there by looking in pulse audio volume control. I am running 2011 on a BIOSTAR MCP6P M2+ 6.X,  audio: Realtek ALC662

See picture

* ASound.png (771.72 KB, 1389x644 - viewed 134 times.)
BellaPup
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2011, 17:43:13 PM »

So, it would seem that nobody has a solution to this issue  Sad ......

But, I do!!

First I tried Ubuntu, same thing but with unpredictable / unreliable configuration of the multi use jacks. And.... still no line in signal heard on the output

And that is this:
1) Turn off PC
2) Remove Case
3) Install SB Live sound card
4) Replace case
5) Turn on PC
6) Go into BIOS and turn off Crappy built in Realtek sound card with cheap unreliable "multi use" jacks (software configurable)
7) Reboot into "WOW, I can hear sound from my TV card, Incredible"

Next, too reinstall Pardus over Ubuntu.

OK, so my vent is now complete, and sorry for it... I have never been a fan of CPU cycle robbing peripherals, and have always used plug in controller based cards when I am able. This issue could very well have been a driver issue but strange how the line in mixer saw the signal, there was absolutely nothing visual that I could see in the configuration that would have out up a road block to me hearing it with own two ears. The only thing that stinks is that I had to give up a slot I had used for my SCSI card in favor of the sound card.

- Hunter
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 22:03:12 PM »

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: