Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:44:03 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Installing Pardus
| | |-+  Sapphire/ATI Radeon 9200/9250 PCI on Pardus 2011 driver needed
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sapphire/ATI Radeon 9200/9250 PCI on Pardus 2011 driver needed  (Read 4652 times)
Duskao
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2011, 00:54:03 AM »

Hey guys. Just letting everyone know that might be interested.

I own both a Ati Radeon 4850 512, and a Nvidia GTS 250 512.

These are equivalent cards with the same amount of memory.
I have been using the Nvidia since I bought it (had the 4850 first) and found the results to be much better with the Nvidia card at the time. I have had it for about a year.

I just switched the card out and put in the 4850 to see how it would compare. So far I'm very pleased. It seems to be about on part with the Nvidia card with playing games. But the biggest difference I have seen has been with firefox and flash... I'm very surprised by this because I wasn't expecting any difference. I have noticed that flash has not been performing very well with FF 4 so far, but when I put in my ATI card it was like night and day. I have a feeling that something in the internal workings with FF has taken out the video acceleration from the Nvidia card and ATI still has the acceleration function.

Nvidia still seems to work slightly better with Kwin, but it's negligible. I haven't tested any movies or videos with any players yet (mplayer, vlc, etc)

I would very much love to post some actual frames per second results with the phoronix test suite or something, but I haven't been able to get it to properly work on Pardus yet. Would be nice if we could get the GUI working for it...

Edit: Oh yeah, my flash results were mostly taken from the flash games using facebook. Most notably Age of Champions. If you don't play that, you should it's rather entertaining Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 00:56:33 AM by Duskao » Logged
Mahmood
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2011, 09:13:57 AM »

Found this on AMD website. Not sure abt applicability though Smiley

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/linux/Pages/radeon_linux.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.42&lang=English
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: