Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:03:24 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  Pardus 2011 Customizing guide
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2011 Customizing guide  (Read 3146 times)
John A
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2011, 23:15:53 PM »

Its many screenshots here to:
http://picasaweb.google.com/vaibhav.dlv/Pardus2011?feat=directlink#

But I dont know if its possible to use them by copyright laws etc?
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 04:49:39 AM »

Okay, I have two tips that I will share that I now do after first initial log-in and finish with Kaptan wizard.  One thing that has annoyed me is when I open text editor or terminal that it will cover my Home Folder in the upper right hand section of the monitor where I can no longer see it or get to it without minimizing the opened app.  You all probably know this, but I didn't until I read a reply about centering the windows to prevent the nvidia black dash/hyphen from showing.  I never knew you could set these preferences.  Anyway, go to system settings>Window behaviour>Advanced>Window Tabbing>Placement from default that I believe is Smart, to 'Centered'. Apply.

Another tip I just tried is in Package Manager, untick the extra language packs that are not of your chosen language, such as those listed under libreoffice and you can also do the ones under hunspell,  kde-l10n and gimp-i18n.  I went ahead and removed these (thankfully they weren't dependent on anything) and freed up 246 mb of space.  At least these won't need to be updated, especially important for me to trim any unnecessary packages as I use dial up and don't like to have to update these if I can avoid it.   I will let you know if I broke anything by doing this.  Interesting, recently I just did a  major Debian update of the OS, Hymera (no longer being supported) and it brought up something called Locale Purge.  I thought that was handy as it let me choose what native language(s) I wanted to keep and removed all the extras I didn't need.

Lisa Marie
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: