Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 09:23:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Configuring Pardus
| | |-+  PulseAudio
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PulseAudio  (Read 1518 times)
BellaPup
« on: March 18, 2011, 21:27:41 PM »

Any way I can remove Pulse and replace it with ALSA? I am starting to think that it is Pulse and not my built in sound card that is not allowing the Line In audio from being passed through to the output jack. Does the same thing on Ubuntu. I had a fix for this on an earlier post that went un-answered and that was to install a SB Live sound card, it works, but I want my PCI slot back for my SCSI card! Either that or it's bye bye, maybe to Linux as a whole if all the bazillions of distro's out there use Pulse  Angry

Sorry for the huff, but this stinks.. If only I could get this working then ALL else works Great Smiley

FYI: Mute is not on.. I get visual audio activity on the "meters" for the Line In setting in the advanced pulse config utility.. All internal audio is heard, just not Line In audio.

Any help please, to a person like me that is not in a short term or long term relationship with the command line [and never will].
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 00:11:28 AM »

This was taken off another forum:

It is advisable to install just about every pulse-plugin you can find in the repository.

You should also install
pavcontrol
padevicechooser

Some of those folk, but not all, don't mind helping with another distro.

mpie
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 16:55:02 PM »

Bella pup what is the model of the onboard card? if it is the same across distro's odds on it needs a model option passed to it.

Realtek ALC662

please post output of
lspci -vv
lsmod | grep snd
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 16:56:47 PM by mpie » Logged
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 15:19:01 PM »

Do you have pavucontrol (Pulse Audio Volume Control) installed? Start it and click the "Configuration" tab. Change the Profile from "Analog Stereo Duplex" to "Analog Stereo Output."

"The most tragic pathologies we've experienced in human history result from the catastrophic way we deal with otherness." - D. Gordis
BellaPup
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 16:50:53 PM »

Hello all, first a big belated thanks for the suggestions on this, much appreciated, I was laid up with a rather nasty bug and.... as you read I got to them late  Embarrassed.

Unfortunately I had already down graded the system in question to one that better fit my needs and that MB that was of issue is going to a better use, a PC for one of the grandkids. I don't need much in my little home shop so I opted to give it up and to go with an older skt A 2400+. Pardus is just a tad to slow on it (although I admit I hadn’t disabled the KDE effects..) so I put Ubuntu on it for now. Rest assured, I will try Pardus again when I get the XP 3200+ Barton core I ordered off e-bay, I'm certain that, with effects disabled, it will perform adequately for my shop PC. Still running Pardus on the Phenom II X4 rig though, very nice....

Key for me, I am not distro hopping period - Pardus really has hit a sweet spot for me much like Xandros once had back in the day  Smiley

Duskao
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 22:49:18 PM »

Hey there Bella Pup,
Another option would be to try one of the lighter linux distro's out there, like puppy. Last I checked it doesn't use pulse audio. I used it for a while and it's a great distro but I found it a bit limited.
Another option if your up to it is to try Arch Linux. This is a distro you have to semi-build yourself but with the documentation on the arch website it's fairly easy. Plus it's a good way to become familiar with the CLI (command line interface). With arch you choose what you put into it. When I was using it I used ALSA for a while, then switched to OSS. It's similar to Gentoo but much easier.

I'm not sure how to disable pulse in Pardus (haven't had any issues with it) sorry.

Best of luck. Cheesy
BellaPup
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 18:49:22 PM »

Another option would be to try one of the lighter linux distro's out there, like puppy. Last I checked it doesn't use pulse audio. I used it for a while and it's a great distro but I found it a bit limited.

Yep, your correct and it worked fine but as you said it is limited and not visually appealing  Shocked

Since going to a seperate soundcard the audio works fine now and I did get the XP 3200+ Barton installed with a reinsall of Pardus, it works just fine now so I'm good to go with Pardus on that system  Smiley

Thanks!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: