Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 00:20:48 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  News & Announcements
| | |-+  Pardus 2011 + XFCE [Nusrat] released
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pardus 2011 + XFCE [Nusrat] released  (Read 6782 times)
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« on: March 20, 2011, 21:09:30 PM »

ÇoMaK team anounced Pardus 2011 Nusrat based on xfce desktop system. installation dvds of this release are ready. you can download iso files from here.

with this release, the latest release of xcfe (4.8 ) integrated to pardus. ristrello the image viewer, gigolo the remote and local file system manager, poster the e-mail client are the main applications presented with this release. you can also find midori internet browser of xcfe at the dvd.

please do not forget this is a test release...

known issues:
* you will see 2 error messages while booting, you can ignore them for now.
* at the first boot following installation, after user selection,  the option "special" has been already selected at the bottom center of the page. you must set this to "xcfe session" for only once.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 13:15:34 PM by gölge » Logged

Craig
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 00:03:34 AM »

Awesome!!!  

ETA: I meant awesome that the XFCE version was released. Is this release on behalf of Pardus or is it your own?

« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 01:17:19 AM by Craig » Logged
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 01:33:02 AM »

Awesome!!!  

ETA: I meant awesome that the XFCE version was released. Is this release on behalf of Pardus or is it your own?

it is on behalf of pardus and developed by ÇoMak team (we know them from 64bit pardus project). i guess there is a protocol between ÇoMaK team and Tubitak about this project and results of this work will participate pardus project directly.

Craig
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 01:45:33 AM »

Awesome!!!  

it is on behalf of pardus and developed by ÇoMak team (we know them from 64bit pardus project). i guess there is a protocol between ÇoMaK team and Tubitak about this project and results of this work will participate pardus project directly.

You know what? I'm not even going to put up with this. Goodnight, gone, goodbye.
Michiel
Administrator
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2011, 08:37:40 AM »

Awesome!!!  

You know what? I'm not even going to put up with this. Goodnight, gone, goodbye.

It is rather unclear to me what was going on here in this thread?
Obviously Craig was not amused, but the reason why is unclear, could it be just misunderstandang / a language matter so a communication problem, or is Craig involved in previous XFCE ports of Pardus and bypassed, or is it something else that led to Craig's farewell?

Craig stated: "Discussion of Religion and Politics never results in anything good."

But I do not get the point: have messages been deleted here that were offensive? Because I do not directly see any politics or religion being discussed here, unless that is concluded from the phrase " protocol between ÇoMaK team and Tubitak" ?

Anyhow I am quite puzzled and regret that both these respected forum members obviously got words and split up.

Former Pardus user, now on OpenSUSE 12.2 (KDE)
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 08:54:56 AM »

Craig was not amused

Is it possible that Craig was also posting on another forum and got himself and the subjects switched?  None of this makes any sense.

Craig -- come back!!!
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 11:30:51 AM »

is there any politic or religious subjects in my posts? i really dont understant what was going on?

John A
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 12:00:42 PM »

I think he was not so happy about the KDE 4.6 issue if read some earlier comments.
He think it should go faster to get it for Pardus 2011.
But I am not sure if its because of that. Anyway member comes and goes.

Its same in other Linux forums to. I guess we just have to accept it.
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »

is there any politic or religious subjects in my posts?

No.
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2011, 13:20:50 PM »

i deleted link of nusrat. may be he cant realised that nusrat is a museum ship about wwI. cos i cant find any other sensible answer.

Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 13:39:33 PM »

gölge -- I hope you will keep posting updates and news here in the English section.  Some of us are wondering about when KDE 4.6 might be ready.
gölge
Pardus fellow craft

who you are!..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 19:59:15 PM »

gölge -- I hope you will keep posting updates and news here in the English section.  Some of us are wondering about when KDE 4.6 might be ready.

i guess pardus team waiting for kde 4.6 feedbacks, which will make clear kde 4.6 is really stable enough or not. it seems kde 4.6 will integrate at pardus 2011.1, but this is only a guess  of course, not an official info.

Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2011, 20:21:53 PM »

pardus 2011.1
That is the one I am waiting for.

but this is only a guess  of course, not an official info
Thanks for the information.
John A
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2011, 21:56:33 PM »

Much for 2011.1 are translated already:
http://translate.pardus.org.tr/transifex/projects/p/pardus/r/2011/

I guess it come in may, june or maybe july. Smiley
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2011, 23:04:21 PM »

I guess it come in may, june or maybe july.
That long?  Wow! 

Maybe it is time to install 2011.0 rather that wait for 2011.1?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: