Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 12:46:02 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  KDE 4.6.1
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KDE 4.6.1  (Read 853 times)
John A
« on: March 23, 2011, 12:24:53 PM »

I read this about KDE 4.6.1:
http://liste.pardus.org.tr/pardus-devel/2011-March/002146.html

So I guess they testing it at the moment.
Leopardus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 13:23:40 PM »

That's good news!
Dean
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2011, 14:50:54 PM »

Thanks for the update.
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 17:57:28 PM »

Yesterday I went ahead and added devel for 64 bits repo to package manager to check out this KDE version and so far, all is well.  
Lisa  Marie

'So far' was only half a day  Wink  Some bugginess, such as, I clicked on Konqueror and the little blue bouncy thing appeared as did the "on desktop" bar, but they disappeared and Konqueror never appeared....until roughly seven minutes later.   Cheesy  So that means, I clicked Leave>Shutdown about five minutes ago, and it didn't do anything, but I suspect it will here any minute now.   Roll Eyes
The icons were updated with all of the packages I did over night, and they are nice.  Some desktop effects don't seem to be working, like translucent bottom bar that I have chosen of "Obsidian'.   I do understand that devel packages aren't in their finished state, so this comes as no surprise.  This is first time to use a devel repo, but I just had to see what KDE4.6.1 was like.   Grin
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 19:35:07 PM by Lisa » Logged
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2011, 17:00:52 PM »

One day and a set of devel updates later, and desktop is acting more as it should - Konqueror comes up instantly and clicking Leave>Shutdown no longer hangs. 
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: