Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 17:08:14 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Bugs
| | |-+  Problems with intermittent wireless connections [bug in kernel module]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Problems with intermittent wireless connections [bug in kernel module]  (Read 780 times)
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2011, 17:46:42 PM »

I've been using Pardus 2011 with a Belkin USB dongle on my desktop connecting to a Virgin Mobile MiFi 2200 mobile broadband hotspot/router.   The USB dongle uses the r8712u driver.  The router is actually a Novatel CDMA device.  When I first boot up connecting to this device is no problem using NetworkManager.  The issue comes when the device goes into "dormant" state when there is no traffic for some time.  This can happen while writing a long e-mail or stepping away from the computer for a few minutes.  NetworkManager thinks it's still connected but never can actually send or receive wireless traffic.  Nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing short of a reboot seems to be able to wake it up.  If I try to reconnect it gets stuck at "Configuring Network Interface" and never gets an IP address.

I've done some research and it turns out this is a bug in the r8712u module for the 2.6.37 kernel that Pardus 2011 uses.  See:  https://lists.linux-foundation.org/pipermail/bugme-new/2011-January/026559.html  Are there any plans to offer the 2.6.38.1 kernel for Pardus 2011?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 18:22:38 PM by caitlyn » Logged
caitlyn
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 21:36:34 PM »

Reported as bug 17516
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: