Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 12:42:59 PM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Pardus for beginners
| | |-+  upgrade packages
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: upgrade packages  (Read 1578 times)
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2011, 18:41:46 PM »

In pisi it says that I cannot upgrade my packages, it just says upgrade is not possible? any advice. I have tried running it from terminal and it says.
Dependency kdelibs version >= 4.6.1 of kdeutils-filelight cannot be satisfied
System error. Program terminated.                                               
Upgrade is not possible.

any ideas?
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2011, 18:46:02 PM »

Nevermind, I did sudo pisi dr, and then sudo pisi up and it worked..
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2011, 19:35:37 PM »

Didn't work for me  Sad
Still getting the same message:
Dependency kdelibs version >= 4.6.1 of kdeutils-filelight cannot be satisfied
System error. Program terminated.                                                                                                                         
Upgrade is not possible.
Chris
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2011, 19:43:52 PM »

sudo pisi dr pardus
sudo pisi ar pardus-devel http://packages.pardus.org.tr/pardus/2011/devel/`arch`/pisi-index.xml.xz

there you go. type these in terminal separately and then do sudo pisi up. Smiley
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 20:01:29 PM »

No, same message Sad
Leopardus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2011, 21:07:57 PM »

Do you have more than one official repo enabled? DavidD got the 'upgrade not possible' message when he had both the devel and stable repos enabled at the same time.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, 21:50:27 PM »

Could you give an overview of your software sources with the command
Code:
pisi lr
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, 22:40:54 PM »

It's ok   Grin
I removed all but the official repo and the pardususer.de repo and started again with Chris's instructions and all is fine now.
Thanks for your help everybody.
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 23:24:36 PM »

.. the pardususer.de repo .....
This ^^^ repo isn't the cause of your problem.
I expect it to be caused by having the official repo and the devel repo being active at the same time.
That is the reason I wanted to know the result of "pisi lr".
csaenemy
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2011, 23:38:32 PM »

I realised that the pardususer.de repo wasn't a problem. That's why I left it there along with the official stable repo. You are probably quite right in your assumption that having the official and the devel active at the same time caused the problem.
Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 00:11:40 AM »

I realised that the pardususer.de repo wasn't a problem. That's why I left it there along with the official stable repo. You are probably quite right in your assumption that having the official and the devel active at the same time caused the problem.

I had the same problem, you cant have both Stable and Devel selected at the same time, it's one or the other.

Leopardus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 03:47:13 AM »

I used the devel repo to upgrade to KDE 4.6.1. I only selected the packages listed under KDE Desktop. It successfully upgraded to 4.6.1 but now when I go to start my graphical PiSI, mi PiSi cat bounces up and down for a few seconds then just vanishes. Should I have upgraded every package in devel?
atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 10:30:59 AM »

...... but now when I go to start my graphical PiSI, mi PiSi cat bounces up and down for a few seconds then just vanishes.
To find out more, start Package Manager from konsole wih the command:
Code:
package-manager
and I expect to see what's missing. Grin

The version of package-manager is:
atolboo@pardus2011 ~ $ pisi info package-manager
Installed package:
Name                : package-manager, version: 3.0.3, release: 84

......Should I have upgraded every package in devel?
It's a matter of trying and find out. Wink
Joseph
Pardus User
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2011, 11:33:03 AM »

I used the devel repo to upgrade to KDE 4.6.1. I only selected the packages listed under KDE Desktop. It successfully upgraded to 4.6.1 but now when I go to start my graphical PiSI, mi PiSi cat bounces up and down for a few seconds then just vanishes. Should I have upgraded every package in devel?

When I updated I scanned for updates and selected them all, even the ones that weren't associated with the KDE desktop. The total download was over 500MB and I think some of the software in the KDE desktop rely on other applications. Everything is interconnected one with the other, it was almost like upgrading the entire Pardus OS.

My advice would to be for you to do a fresh install of Pardus, add the Devel repo and then search for updates. After the search is done, then download all the updates, non-KDE included and everything will work.

I'm impressed with KDE 4.6.1 on Pardus, it actually fixed a few things with the OS that I had trouble with, like power management troubles with the Opera web browser.

I know it sucks doing a fresh install, but after you do and you install ALL the updates, you'll be glad you did.

Leopardus
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2011, 17:53:09 PM »

Okay, I'll do a fresh install. When I first started using Linux, I had everything on one partition by default and that turned out to be a pain. Not so this time.  Grin
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: