Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2014, 05:01:46 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  Ubuntu 11.04
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ubuntu 11.04  (Read 798 times)
DavidH

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2011, 13:57:54 PM »

Another Ubuntu release, another opportunity to try it out. It is something of a 6 monthly twitch for me. I like the things Ubuntu does and it's community and so every 6 months I get an itch to try it again. yesterdays release, I downloaded the ISO, burnt it, booted the live CD and thought good but not worth installing.
It is something of a revelation to me. I always Distro hop, but I thought is it worth changing distro to have to reconfigure when I have been using Pardus flawlessly since January. For a change Pardus has felt like home and something I am comfortable with. Unity is good I applaud the effort and hard work that has gone into it but just couldn't force myself to double click that install icon!
All in all it has taken me 2 years to find a comfortable distro and finally ( and without realizing it) Pardus has become it so fluidly!
Has anyone else taken a long time to find "their" distro? Has anyone given Ubuntu 11.04 a try and what are your thoughts?
John A
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 14:56:00 PM »

I have tryed Ubuntu 11.04 Unity to. But I dont feel so comfortable with Unity. And I have used Ubuntu since the 7.04 version.
You can of course use it in the "classic mode" if you want it.
But at this point I think the repository for Pardus 2011 is big enough so I can use it as my first choise without any problems.

atolboo
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 14:57:43 PM »

>HERE<
Leonard
Pardus is Awesomeness Quantified in Byte Form

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 16:14:41 PM »

Greetings and Pardus- Home-Feeling warmth from here in Canada. I  took about 4 yrs. of distro-hopping and extensively getting and configuring about 70+ distros and various versions of them before settling on Pardus Corporate 2 when it first appeared on Distrowatch in February of this year. I liked it immediately. Curiosity lingered though and I tried out several distros again including Xubuntu 11.04 which worked great except I was stuck with only one screen resolution which was too high and caused flash-streaming to stutter and sputter because of my 8-year-old Gateway's video-chip (no fancy video-card). So I re-installed Pardus and all works well. Pardus also has the most excellent pulse-audio sound of anything I have tried. Video and video streaming are crystal clear and light on Processor and memory. I will remain home with Pardus and enjoy happy computing for quite sometime. Pardus is the best for my computer of the whole Linux tribe! Happiness to all you fellow Parduseros and Parduseras. Smiley Kiss
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: