Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2014, 10:29:12 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  General topics
| | |-+  For Me, Pardus Wins Again
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: For Me, Pardus Wins Again  (Read 623 times)
BellaPup
« on: May 02, 2011, 15:18:38 PM »

Used Pardus 2011 to create an NTFS partition on a 1TB external usb drive, Successfully copied 95K+ mp3's (430+ GB) to it in one operation, recognized fine in Windoze 7. For me, another big *Plus* for the big cat! This is important to me as I service many Windoze PC's for family and friends and I prefer using Linux to rescue there files.

Grin
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 15:42:23 PM »

Great to hear, BellaPup!  I never would have thought of Pardus as a tool in that sense.
Lisa Marie
BellaPup
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 20:46:02 PM »

I never would have thought of Pardus as a tool in that sense.

Yeah, in the past when I would try to get User data off of a non-bootable windoze drive using another windoze machine all I would get is "non accessible" due to user permissions. Also, if the drive was infected, the last thing one would want to do is to hook it up to a clean PC just to try and get data. So, Instead of using a live Linux cd, I use a dedicated Linux PC, Pardus of course  Cool, and use it to read the drive on an external usb interface. I get the data safely and all is well  Smiley

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: