Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 10:54:53 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  General
| |-+  Introduce yourself
| | |-+  New user from Holland
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New user from Holland  (Read 1469 times)
owiknowi
« on: April 03, 2011, 12:57:25 PM »

first of all: thank you for an impressive piece of work!
need my pc for work (no play) and testing so pardus kurumsal 2 looks to fit my needs.

kde 3.5.10 is in my humble opinion a very nice choice: it does what i want and is focused on usability.

since i don't care much for competition or biggest and sum such, other penguins i use:
scientific linux, unity-linux (very nice to build your own distro), gentoo (i keep trying), blag and some ubuntu's, mint, mandriva, etc.

hope not only to ask but in due time also to be able to contribute a bit (or eight).

best regards,
owiknowi
Lisa
Pardus Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 23:36:56 PM »

Hi owiknowi and glad to have  you here!

I look forward to trying kurumsal 2 as well.  I just ordered it and look forward to installing it!  Glad to hear that you like it.
Regards, Lisa Marie

BellaPup
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 18:10:05 PM »

A BIG welcome to you owiknowi, from Colorado USA.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the Worldforums! Many nice and helpful people here to lend a hand  Smiley

-Hunter
parduser99

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 16:39:36 PM »

Welcome to Pardus worldforum,
Welcome to Pardus Users' World..

Leonard
Pardus is Awesomeness Quantified in Byte Form

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 00:02:34 AM »

Welcome indeed from here in Canada. I installed Pardus Corporate 2 back in February when it first appeared on Distrowatch. I liked it very much...seeing as I have an 8 yer old computer with no graphics card-the KDE 3.5.10 fit very well for this computer. My curiosity got the better of me and I tried out a few other distros until this past week when I re-installed Pardus because the other ones brought disappointment and grief to my machine. Especially the Open Suse 11.3 which I put a lot of effort into configuring an setting up. Then I tried to upgrade to 11.4 but it conflicted with my video chip and I could see nothing. It just booted up into a black screen at the final stage of login....with sound but no picture. And xubuntu 11.04 worked fine except I only had only one choice of screen resolution which was too high and resulted in stuttery playing of flash streaming because it was too much for my video chip to handle. I am back with Corporate 2 and have no issues and outstanding Pulse-Audio sound. Good luck and Happy Pardus Exploring!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: