Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2014, 09:25:36 AM
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Show unread posts since last visit.
News: Let Pardus-Anka become #1: Pardus-Anka Bug ReportPardus-Anka World Google+ | The Pardus wiki  | Visit Pardus-Anka official website  | Register as forum member?  Email the moderator!

+  Pardus Worldforum
|-+  Assistance
| |-+  Software
| | |-+  Audacity is unstable [Solved]
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Audacity is unstable [Solved]  (Read 787 times)
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 19:54:27 PM »

I see one other user having trouble with audacity (importing mp4), but my issues are more comprehensive - if somewhat vague.

Audacity tends to lock/freeze and even make the entire system unresponsive. It is typical in my experience to stress the software with navigational clicks, track modifications (such as Effects --> Amplify), selection of a portion of a track for export, and/or repeated clicks of the arrow to advance a track in the window. Sometimes - perhaps most times - the software will thaw/unlock after a period of waiting . . . but other times, such as yesterday as I selected the entire 55 minute track, started the process of amplification, got up and walked away while that process was taking place, I returned to a completely unresponsive system. Fortunately, Audacity recovers tracks upon restart, so I didn't lose the music.

There are a three bug reports on Audacity, two of which are in Turkish, so I cannot tell whether this issue/these issues have been reported. I don't want to file a duplicate report, so am requesting some feedback here on the issues and the bug report(s).

Thanks,
David
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 21:41:44 PM by DavidD » Logged

"The most tragic pathologies we've experienced in human history result from the catastrophic way we deal with otherness." - D. Gordis
DavidD
Pardus fellow craft

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 21:41:24 PM »

I've switched to the proprietary driver for my ATI 4650 Radeon PCI Express card, and Audacity appears to be more stable than under the default driver. I did some recording and editing last night without any problems.

"The most tragic pathologies we've experienced in human history result from the catastrophic way we deal with otherness." - D. Gordis
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: